Easy Rust Removal

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. That method works very well. 2 thumbs up;Sweet ;Sweet

My brother and I used it cleaning rust out of the inside of a couple of Kawasaki fuel tanks when I painted his bike. Takes a few days soak sometimes but the results were definatly worth it.

If you're cleaning the inside of a fuel tank, just fill it with the solution and drop the annode in the tank making sure it doesn't touch the sides. We used a long bolt stuffed through the center of a cork to do the Kawasaki tanks.

spencnaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use EvapoRust for rust removal. Takes the stuff right off and leaves a nice clean surface to work with.

It's biodegradeable and reusable. AutoZone carries it.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very cool! I'm going to have to try that.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Saw that one on Trucks a couple of Saturdays ago myself.:thumbsup:
Too bad I didn't have a spare swimming pool, 100 boxes of soda and a couple of battery chargers.
Woulda saved me a big hassle trucking Goldie to the blasting shop.cookoo

A very good idea indeed.;Sweet Good post!

Any way that one can get saved into the tech articles somehow? :yell:

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
thats great i have seen on the web before where people have used 55 gallon drums or built a pool out of cinder blocks and tarps to do frame cleaning. they would actaully power it with a arc welder and use rebar because it is cheep and plentiful for a sacrifical metal. i would love to try it sometime, i will have to see if i can dig up the how to linky.

found linky
the how to
http://antique-engines.com/electrol.asp

the trailer frame
http://antique-engines.com/trailer-electrolysis.htm

Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll post a link to it, but since it's a YouTube video, not much guarantee it will stick around.

swampdigger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cool i need a really big tank about the size of an F250

not me, my rust is structural!

thats great i have seen on the web before where people have used 55 gallon drums or built a pool out of cinder blocks and tarps to do frame cleaning. they would actaully power it with a arc welder and use rebar because it is cheep and plentiful for a sacrifical metal.

HAHA, that pool is awesome! That guy has the right idea...

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
I'll post a link to it, but since it's a YouTube video, not much guarantee it will stick around.

well the links i posted have been around a few years if that helps.......i have a few others but those seem to be the best off hand.

dreadhed

Reaction score
What would be the best way to prevent flash rust, if you just wanted to finish a bare metal surface? Drying it fast? I have heard about this a couple of years ago, so yesterday I had to try it. I have a ATC part in a bucket right now. I think acid is much quicker, I just would not use it on a really old antique.