Dually Refresh/Reseal/Build

91F350idi

Cody S.
Reaction score
Update

Well, its been awhile since ive updated this thread. I dont really have alot of new pics to post up. I finally timed it and Wow....what a difference:peelout. Ive started building a new filter setup with a silicone elbow from turbo to a 4" pipe going across the engine to an air filter for a 966 CAT loader. That also made a big difference in power(and sound). The truck is running great now! I havent had a load behind it yet, but just driving it empty it is TWICE the truck it was before it seems. Even on the some of the longest steepest grade hills around here that i could find, it still pulls twice as hard as it did before. I have a lead on some IC piping that i will probably have here soon, so Im looking forward to getting an IC and getting that knocked out soon. The only problem that Im having is at around 2700-3000RPM's in fifth gear WOT, it kinda hits a flat spot in power. It builds speed pretty strong until then, then it just sorta quits building power and RPM's and levels out. When this happens, Im still holding strong at 20psi of boost. My theory is that maybe the stock lift pump is wore out and cant provide the maxed out IP enough fuel to keep building at those RPM's. When this happens, the exhaust changes sound and sounds alot like a jake brake. Id like to go to an electric pump anyways, so if it dont help my problem, i will still be glad to have the e-pump. Besides that, ive put several miles on it without issues. Im getting pretty serious on the bodywork now, and will probably order my paint in the next couple weeks. After some studying, I think I am painting it with Acrylic Urethane Single Stage Gloss White. Still deciding on what brand I am going with though. I hope to have it painted, looking good, and presentable before May. Well, thats about all i can think of now. Ill try to keep this updated better than I have been. Thanks for reading;Sweet

91F350idi

Cody S.
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your truck really is looking good Cody! I can't wait to see you put that intercooler on next. What size of piping do you have a line on? Any specific brand or is it custom?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online