d60

Exekiel69

Reaction score
your doing exactly wat i wanna do to my truck. glad to see pics.

Thanks, I'm trying to take as many pics as possible but I do need someone to help Me with the measurements I don't want to drill with out them. I see 4x4 f350's here but always on the street not in a parking lot.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
i still gotta rip it down. thats always the hardest part

Actually, removing the front susp on My truck took Me just a couple hours, drilling really isn't all that bad I used a couple starting bits and a step-less drill bit and oil to cool it down. A acetylene torch comes really handy to remove the hidden rivets while others can be easily removed with a grinder but I prefer the torch for now. I think measuring is the hardest part or at least it is for Me, I used the front shackles and brackets with spacers to keep the shackle from riding side to side, if it works well I'll keep them but I have seen others (with more experience) make their own brackets.

Hope it is ok with the moderator, here is one option. You can see from post #35.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Anyone want to help Me out with the measurements?:dunno

Sorry. I took the pic and measurement and never uploaded
here ya go. 2.5" from the Forward lowest cab mount rivet to the forward lowest rivet on the spring hanger. the pic is of the drivers side
You must be registered for see images attach

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Thank You for taking the time for the picture and posting it. I'm looking for the measurement to mount the shock bracket the one on top that bolts to the frame, mine is the one with 4 holes, also the 3 holes to mount the stabilizer bar link/rod this one goes inside the frame, I need to know a measurement from either bracket so I will know where to drill.

Thanks again.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Lucky for you EZ I have the crew cab F350 that we stripped to do the D60 conversion for my brothers truck. It has the 4 bolt shock towers I believe.
Here's one thing I'll bring up though. I took every precaution to drill exactly where I needed to and I still ended up walking the holes on the drag link mount under the crossmember. That panel is not flat at all, its a constant curve and there's no good way of getting a drill to hold a tolerance on it. So after it was all said and done I had the stock drag link bar made into an adjustable one. Which in its own right is a very nice little thing to have in case you ever change the height of the suspension, adjusting the track of the front axle is as simple as turning the link and extending it. If you want it done I made it at my work and I can get you a deal on it I'd think.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Lucky for you EZ I have the crew cab F350 that we stripped to do the D60 conversion for my brothers truck. It has the 4 bolt shock towers I believe.
Here's one thing I'll bring up though. I took every precaution to drill exactly where I needed to and I still ended up walking the holes on the drag link mount under the crossmember. That panel is not flat at all, its a constant curve and there's no good way of getting a drill to hold a tolerance on it. So after it was all said and done I had the stock drag link bar made into an adjustable one. Which in its own right is a very nice little thing to have in case you ever change the height of the suspension, adjusting the track of the front axle is as simple as turning the link and extending it. If you want it done I made it at my work and I can get you a deal on it I'd think.

By drag link(steering component) I believe you mean track bar/pan hard bar(suspension component) All you had to do was clamp the track bar bracket in place and use the track bar mount as a templet/guide to drill the holes in the correct spot.

as for an adjustable track bar it is hard to beat the price of SKY manufacturing http://www.sky-manufacturing.com/new/detaproduct.php?id=204

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Yep I meant track bar. Also I looked when I did my conversion and no one made an adjustable bar so I made my own.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the stock drag link bar made into an adjustable one. Which in its own right is a very nice little thing to have in case you ever change the height of the suspension, adjusting the track of the front axle is as simple as turning the link and extending it.

Be careful doing this when permanently lifting the suspension with a kit. You want the track bar to be as level as possible, since it swings in a arc. The reason you need to adjust it's length if you put a lift on the truck is the exact reason why you want to keep it as level as possible.

The track bar moves in a arc and when the frontend goes over a bump, the trackbar will pull the frontend sideways. You want to minimize this sideways movement, since you will be holding the steering wheel steady when it happens, and that in turn will make the wheels turn one direction or the other.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
This is good info guys thank You, anyone have a picture of one side or the other of the axle with the wheel out but the suspension sitting at the right angle so I have a good idea of how it should look like? this would help Me a lot.
I get confused all the time with the stabilizer bar (the one with the links on each side) and track bar (the one with the one arm and the hard to find bracket that drills on the engine cross member) and I really don't want to drill more than I have to.

Thanks.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Here is one of the measurements I need, from the leaf spring rear bracket center to the center of the stabilizer bar link bracket.
The other measurement I need is from the center of the leaf spring rear bracket to the closest side of the shock tower, I don't have a picture of this so I will appreciate if someone could post one so I will know how it should look when the weight is on the axle and the shock is fully retracted.

Again I need the measurement so I could really use some help.

Attachments

• IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 69

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Here is one of the measurements I need, from the leaf spring rear bracket center to the center of the stabilizer bar link bracket.
The other measurement I need is from the center of the leaf spring rear bracket to the closest side of the shock bracket, I don't have a picture of this so I will appreciate if someone could post one so I will know how it should look when the weight is on the axle and the shock is fully retracted.

Again I need the measurement so I could really use some help.

12.125" But that is measured in a straight line from the spring hanger to the swap bar bracket. Not like your yellow lines