SRW to DRW

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is located in....... Shady Cove, OR

If the guy doesn`t want to deal with the title, maybe it is stolen?
Titles can be acquired from the DMV.

Goat
If that truck was closer to my neck of the woods, I might steal it! That thing is fine, except for the C6.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
It is located in....... Shady Cove, OR

If the guy doesn`t want to deal with the title, maybe it is stolen?
Titles can be acquired from the DMV.

Goat
Without the prior owner signing a lost title replacement form, good luck. I've been there.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Well, this morning THREE crew cab DRW truck AND BED all dropped off at the local wrecking yard... Shoot.

So what all is needed in the swap now?
Axle (obviously)
Springs?
Bed sides, if not entire bed

Brakes and driveline should be a direct bolt up, right?

Man, was not expecting to see this happen.

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, this morning THREE crew cab DRW truck AND BED all dropped off at the local wrecking yard... Shoot.

So what all is needed in the swap now?
Axle (obviously)
Springs?
Bed sides, if not entire bed

Brakes and driveline should be a direct bolt up, right?

Man, was not expecting to see this happen.
Will need entire bed if I recall correctly

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Something I'm curious about, drw doesn't really increase payload capacity, it just helps stabilize larger loads, right? Should I even bother doing this swap? Looking for opinions.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can obviously chop up your bed, but it would be a lot cleaner if you get the whole bed..........AND the F350 badges, your 250 badges will be embarrassing.

KansasIDI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something I'm curious about, drw doesn't really increase payload capacity, it just helps stabilize larger loads, right? Should I even bother doing this swap? Looking for opinions.
With the big camper you have, depending on how frequent it is used for that, versus just drive around, DRW would probably be a worthy swap. But if you're like me, and drive longer distances with light loads, then SRW seems better IMO, less tires to wear out, better fuel mileage, and easier parking. Depends on your needs

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
You can obviously chop up your bed, but it would be a lot cleaner if you get the whole bed..........AND the F350 badges, your 250 badges will be embarrassing.
I have 350 badges, I'm just lazy ;Poke

I would have to say I leave my camper on my truck more than I take it off. I didn't consider extra tire wear, but it does seem to drive just fine as SRW. Since I also tow a 19ft fiberglass boat, might be a worthy investment.

Are springs between the SRW and DRW the same? While I'm trying to make this swap as least invasive as possible, I also would like to do it right.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I would have to say I leave my camper on my truck more than I take it off. I didn't consider extra tire wear, but it does seem to drive just fine as SRW. Since I also tow a 19ft fiberglass boat, might be a worthy investment.

Are springs between the SRW and DRW the same? While I'm trying to make this swap as least invasive as possible, I also would like to do it right.
Take a torch and cut the frame between the cab and bed, this will guarantee that you have everything you need except ice cream. Get that on the way home and you'll be set.

KansasIDI

Supporting Member
Reaction score

If you tow AND haul a camper, DRW all the way, IMO.

I know that c&c trucks have different length springs than SRW trucks, from 80-91, not sure about non c&c DRW trucks. I think they're the same length as SRW springs.

The 1994-97 F-SuperDuty springs are the same length as 80-91 SRW springs, and they are full 8 pack. Dimensions claim to be the same, I'm kinda tempted to get some, but since I plan to add onboard air, might just go with airbags instead, so the ride can stay nice when empty.

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are springs between the SRW and DRW the same?
This all depends on the weight rating of the truck. I have seen a factory coded f250 with heavier from and rear springs than a same year f350 drw.

I think it is all in the options that we're selected when ordered.

James

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86