Cup holders

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I had some 14ga stainless scrap, but when so dug it out it was actually 1/8”. That would have made for some heavy-duty cup holders!

That is some tough stuff to work with...gotta hand it to you...you ain't skeered...
You might run your trailer safety chains to this cup holder for good measure.

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about poorly-made, badly-welded cup holders? Are Harbor Freight OK for those? Asking for a friend…
I would not consider anything poorly made worthy of this site...jus' sayin'...I have not witnessed any poorly made anything here...

But if you want to exhibit something like that for comic relief...go ahead...of course I don't speak for everyone and I am only one...I can get out-voted pretty easily...

But honestly and sincerely...

All you guys have talent...from what I can see...I have been living in a talent desert...when I was existing in my previous life...

Well...there was talent there...a lot of it...but it was constrained from total free expression...by the sheer emasculated atmosphere...

I am a lot more happy, now...

ROCK HARVEY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is some tough stuff to work with...gotta hand it to you...you ain't skeered...

Just to be clear I did not use the 1/8 stuff, that would have been a pain! I went with some 14ga plain steel that was a wonky shape, that’s why I had to use two pieces instead of one

ROCK HARVEY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s the solution I want to see somebody do on their farm/beater truck: take a 3.5 inch hole saw and cut a hole in the trans tunnel, then drop one of these into it:
You must be registered for see images attach

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s the solution I want to see somebody do on their farm/beater truck: take a 3.5 inch hole saw and cut a hole in the trans tunnel, then drop one of these into it:
You must be registered for see images attach
That would literally suck the cold right out of my beverage being that close to heat sources!!

On the other hand, it would be great for @XOLATEM ‘s “flying coffee”!!

And I am redneck enough to do this to my tailgate. Or bedsides when leanin’ or sittin’ LOL

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think what he's discribing there is called a "coffee table" or possibly a "card table" since it's supposed to be mobile.
Well, soon enough when we are forced into these 15-minute cities this conversation of cup holders will need to morph into “coffee tables”

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Draw it up and post it....and the talent pool here can brain it out...
The ratio of base diameter to container height shall be no less than 3:1 in your case :p

Cup holder shall be constructed of aircraft grade aluminum adhered to a 1/2” steel bottom plate

Below the steel plate shall be a combination of magnets and rubber to allow adherence to a range of surfaces without movement.

Manufacturing of such devices must be completed in the USA, using USA mined raw materials, using USA workforce talent. Repackaging of foreign material relabeled as “Made in the USA” is strictly forbidden.

Manufacturing plants must be powered only using the finest of American sourced fossil fuels to include coal, gas, and cow ****.

On sale at every redneck shopping center.....pick-n-pulls, auto salvage, junkyards!!

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The ratio of base diameter to container height shall be no less than 3:1 in your case :p

Cup holder shall be constructed of aircraft grade aluminum adhered to a 1/2” steel bottom plate

Below the steel plate shall be a combination of magnets and rubber to allow adherence to a range of surfaces without movement.

Manufacturing of such devices must be completed in the USA, using USA mined raw materials, using USA workforce talent. Repackaging of foreign material relabeled as “Made in the USA” is strictly forbidden.

Manufacturing plants must be powered only using the finest of American sourced fossil fuels to include coal, gas, and cow ****.

On sale at every redneck shopping center.....pick-n-pulls, auto salvage, junkyards!!
‘Murica

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uh...I have a question...

Will that be cast or rolled aluminum...?

And the steel...I fail to see a specific grade of steel called out...are we talking A-36 or A-500..?

Stainless or low, mid or high-grade carbon...?

1010 or 4140..?

Cold-rolled or hot-rolled...?

I mean...don't we need a little more direction, here...?

I would hate to leave something as important as cupholder design and execution to mere chance...or worse...fancy....

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uh...I have a question...

Will that be cast or rolled aluminum...?

And the steel...I fail to see a specific grade of steel called out...are we talking A-36 or A-500..?

Stainless or low, mid or high-grade carbon...?

1010 or 4140..?

Cold-rolled or hot-rolled...?

I mean...don't we need a little more direction, here...?

I would hate to leave something as important as cupholder design and execution to mere chance...or worse...fancy....
Hired!!! You are hired!! Past GO....collect $200!!

Your knowledge, I have NONE of and most definitely needed in CCD.....Critical Cupholder Design

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vinceslamer