Cup holders

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well....you got me on that one....I would not be able to judge that honestly...too much love and admiration for those animals...but it was a lot harder to drive home after that episode...

Never figured out which one did the chewing...or maybe they both took turns....but they..(the glasses..) were a real mess afterwards and fit for the curio shelf...

It was one of those things like a dad with his son....no matter what he did...it was ok until it needed serious correcting...but you just knew that everything that Boy had become...was your doin'...

You should have seen the male one jump over and clear a five-foot fence...could not keep him inside the yard...but he would not run off...duty was calling and his best buddy...(the female)...took her job of guarding the house and surrounds seriously...

To the best of my knowledge...no cupholders were hurt or damaged at that time...

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For everyone with young kids, I have found the cupholder solution.
You must be registered for see images attach

Normally when my daughter isn't in the truck I set her booster seat down on the trans tunnel, a few days ago I realized it has cupholders and armrests. Definitely not the greatest thing ever but it keeps me from having to chase my bottle of water into the passenger floorboard on the highway.

James
So you AND momma have an armrest and a cupholder!!! Your angel will be demanding you find a solution, cause this AIN’T workin’ for her LOL

In this photo my son only has one, and he AIN’T sharin’....... he is poised for giving someone else’s beverage THE BOOT :p

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@XOLATEM ......thicker is fine..... but remember the ratio! LOL

It was implemented to save your “slidin’ and flyin’ cup-o-warmth” from certain tip over the next time you try it!! :Thumbs Up

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was implemented to save your “slidin’ and flyin’ cup-o-warmth” from certain tip over the next time you try it

I knew that I was doing the right thing by joining up here...

Sympathy and altruism abounds....

Thank you very much...

I hope that I can see an opportunity to return the favor...

So far...the only substancial thing that I think that I have been able to contribute is some transmission experience...and a good measure of enthusiasm...

Once we get this house built and fairly sealed up and I get a job...I will be open to travelling to a central location to hang with you guys in person...if we are all lucky enought to be able to afford the fuel and time...

I want to build a unique cupholder loosely based on these spec's....as soon as I am able...but I just dicovered that I am out of good belt buckles...I broke my last good (!) one...it turned out to be cast out of some...maybe...potmetal...

I am using a strap tiedown to hold my pants up...

The wire metal that my rebar came wrapped up in is looking like a good belt buckle if I can fashion it to fit...

Cupholder project is next...

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@XOLATEM i feel the same way!! Man I am very low (as in below grade) on my knowledge and ability compared to the skills here!! But I don’t feel belittled about it one bit!

When I tackle my E4OD please chime in!! It performs fine, but I think it could shift better under hard throttle and TC engagement after coasting can be abrupt. But like most I have a list a mile long of all kinds of things to do. Handy men charge $80-95/hr here. It’s ridiculous!!

I’m trying to do painting, landscaping, gutters, snow cleats, and rain capturing all at once.....smh

I need a magnetic cupholder :bail

ROCK HARVEY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well fellas I gotta say it’s nice to be able to put my cup down!

I do have some lessons learned for anyone else making this type of cup holder. The shift boot base has a recessed portion that normally goes all the way down to the metal of the transmission tunnel, but with the cup holder mount underneath it, it’s held up by about 1/2” and you get a gap between it and the floor. You can see what I mean by this picture:

Because my cup holder base is “L” shaped, one corner of my shift boot base has no support and is just floating. If I were to do this again I would make the cupholder base rectangular with 4 holes, and I would shape the opening so it can just replace the shift boot base rather than sit underneath it. I gotta say though, I’m really happy with it just as it is!

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Cant Write that is a gorgeous location!
Thank you!! God has blessed us so much!! He was there when we bought it (I didn’t want to cause of how expensive it is) but gave in to the wife....she knew!!!

we put it up for sale for a year and God kept every buyer away.

Then we refi’d to 3% and I got a 6% raise!!! It’s still expensive but This is our forever home!!

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well fellas I gotta say it’s nice to be able to put my cup down!

I do have some lessons learned for anyone else making this type of cup holder. The shift boot base has a recessed portion that normally goes all the way down to the metal of the transmission tunnel, but with the cup holder mount underneath it, it’s held up by about 1/2” and you get a gap between it and the floor. You can see what I mean by this picture:

Because my cup holder base is “L” shaped, one corner of my shift boot base has no support and is just floating. If I were to do this again I would make the cupholder base rectangular with 4 holes, and I would shape the opening so it can just replace the shift boot base rather than sit underneath it. I gotta say though, I’m really happy with it just as it is!
What about the passenger?

No 4th gear interference obviously, as you designed it. but how close....?

And how tall is your drink, 12”? If so the bottom needs to be 36” to keep @XOLATEM safe!! I keep getting mental images of his coffee just sliding along the dash and out the window LOL

I love it when I make myself laugh!! Ah my simple mind!!

Last edited:

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Cant Write I don't even try to use the cupholder or armrest when she is in the seat, it just isn't worth the drama that ensues. It works really well on the way to work when it's just me in the truck though.

Usually if the wife is involved we don't drive that truck because she can't survive without a/c, and I haven't gotten around to rounding up all the missing parts from the previous owner yet.

James

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Rdnck84_03 i can just see me joking around with my kids telling them to use the other. Pushing their arm outta the way so I can use it all in a loving and joking way.

They would have NON of it, laughing and telling me to pound sand or rent the space at the price of a toy LOL

ROCK HARVEY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about the passenger?

No 4th gear interference obviously, as you designed it. but how close....?

I want to pick up a second of those folding cup holders and put it on the other side. That way I would have a place for xtra large drinks too. Right now all the gears clear with my cup, but reverse is probably 1/4” away from the cup.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to pick up a second of those folding cup holders and put it on the other side. That way I would have a place for xtra large drinks too. Right now all the gears clear with my cup, but reverse is probably 1/4” away from the cup.
It looked like it would be close.