Centramatic and Counteract Balancing Beads users.........

Dave 001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
....do they work? Is one substantually better than the other? The Centramatic is about $200. How much for the Counteract Balancing Beads? Thanks.

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
I don't know about those two, but airsoft BBs are $15 for 10,000..... They worked wonders in 215/85s and 37x12.5s....

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
I put airsoft BB's in my 315's and it worked great. 8 oz. per tire.... And it's CHEAP too....

X-NRCan_IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used airsoft BB's also in my tires. They work great for me. Super smooth ride up to any speeds I care to go in the IDI.

Bashby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used airsoft bb's in my gf's pathfinder and it shook. Ended up removing them and having them balanced. I put steel bb's in my IDI (23585r16). It vibrates now.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
I have always had some sort of minor vibration on Big Ed, no matter what tire, rim, shock, combo the truck has had over the 12 years of ownership, I installed Air Soft Pellets in them last year and the vibration went away, I was so impressed I installed them in Droopy this fall. They worked great for me on both trucks.

I even tried a set of Centramatics for a very short while but it was worse.

Big Ed 315/70-17 BFG's
Droopy 238-85-16 Bridgstone Blizzaks.

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
I used airsoft bb's in my gf's pathfinder and it shook. Ended up removing them and having them balanced. I put steel bb's in my IDI (23585r16). It vibrates now.

Mine shook horribly at first. Then i discovered there was something like grease in the tire and caused all the beads to stick in one place.

For any in-tire media to work the tire has to be CLEAN and DRY. Once my tires were, i didnt have any problems.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am a firm believer in Centramatics.

NEVER USE BOTH TOGETHER, Centramatics and any loose material in the tire.

Being in the tire business all my life, I have seen it all.

Don't pay a big price for so-called balancing beads; they are no more than glorified sand.

So long as you use the proper weight of ballast, it matters not whether it be beads, sand, B-Bs, golf-balls, whatever.

I have poured half-a-gallon of anti-freeze in many a steer-tire on a big truck.

Just about all of the independent owner-operators that come in our shop have Centramatics.

turbo elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife's TA had gotten water in the tires and no matter how many times good year balanced them they shook

pontoonrob

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a vibration at high speeds that no tire balancing or suspension parts would fix. Bought some Centramatics and now no vibrations at any speed.LOL---Rob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance