• srw cc 4x4

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • flatbed drw cc 4x4

Votes: 17 47.2%

• Total voters

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll suggest a flatbed srw cc 4x4. I love my truck, and want a flatbed on it one day. Flatbeds are so much more versatile, especially if you use it a lot, and pull a gooseneck or whatnot. But parking a cc or is hard, definitely worse with drw.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought about a srw cc 4x4 with a flatbed, but Ive never seen one that I like. Now with a dually rearend, thats when it started looking good.

Ill have to try and get pictures of what Im working with, but I already have the correct core support to run the 80-86 front clip. I even have one of the 80-82 front clips to use on this truck. There were minor differences between the 80-82 and 82 and up clips.

I also like the look of the srw 4x4's with the stock bed. But I figure if Im going to build a dually I should put a flatbed on it for versatility.

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
want i want to do with my trk is a 4x4 crew cab shortbed dually. yes, i said shortbed dually. i have seen a few psd trks like that and they look badass.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would look cool, It would be great for hauling trailers, but when you didnt have a trailer it would limit cargo potential.

Thats whats stopped me from buying a later 90's f250 cc, they only had them in shortbeds.

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
I have an 87 cc srw 4x4 with a flatbed. The bed has a box on the passenger side infront of the rear wheel and a 40 gal fuel tank. Havent put the stacks back on it yet though, still trying to decide if I wanna deal with the crap that goes with them

The flat bed is about the best mod I have done. It is so much easier to haul axles, engines and transmissions now. That and you never have to worry about hurting 1/4'' steel plate. If you go flatbed invest in GOOD chains and tiedowns, you wont regret it.

punk

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For looks I love the long bed SRW crew cab of the 80-86 flavor. It's rare to see one around here especially nice looking especially diesel. I know though that you use your trucjk like it was intended to be used and maybe then some, so the dually may make sense for you. Also locking the tools away would be handy, I know with the open bed everytime I've had tools with serious value I either stayed with the truck or had to lock them in the cab.

Bobus

Powerstroked
Reaction score
I had a '06 F350 CC SRW 8.5' Flat bed.. It was really handy to have the Flat bed 90% of the time, Pulling trailer, Hauling Quads, Sleds.... but there were the days that i really missed the Box on it..

I personally don't like DRW.. I outgrew training wheels at a young age. Though they serve there perpose

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob123456789

Members online