Blizzard air.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody who casts their own intake hat is definitely at the top of the heap! :hail

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Thanks Mel...

Sorry to keep beating this thread to death, but I wanted to keep it updated with the kinks I'm working out.

Here is the latest update:

At first one of my hoses was popping off, so I added beads to the ends of all my pipes. That kept the hoses from popping off, but...

Hard acceleration + slight turn in the road + shifting gears + pot hole = cracked IC pipe. :eek:
All hoses stayed on thanks to the beads, but since all of my hoses were the straight type, they had hardly any give. So one of my pipes cracked along side one of the welds. I fixed that up and replaced all hoses with hump hoses. Now each IC pipe can be wiggled freely. I think I just about have it. Funny thing is, if you look at towcats pics in the 'lets talk intercoolers' thread, you'll see that they supplied him with many hump hoses as well. Those guys knew what they were doing... :D

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm curious if there is a reason why one would have to use piping on the cooled side at all. Could a long boost hose be used in lew of metal? Sure would make fabing stuff up easier.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
I actually considered that. But at some point you gotta stop turning over new leaves.

I think you should run with that strategy when you deploy Moose air version 2.0. :D :rotflmao

bsays

Longgreenford
Reaction score
Intercooler hose.

I was really thinking about doing the hose option myself, the local industrial supply store said he had some 3" hose that was good for up to 30# and 250 degrees and is pretty flexable, the only thing that has me worried is that it is not rated for hydrocarbons and my propane injection goes in pre turbo, I don't think the concetration is enough to harm the hose, I think I am going to try it.

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
Rob,
Is that a seperate (2nd) fuel filter or something else in the picture under the Blizzard Air thread?
And Nickbf2504x4...I notice in your signature you have a homemade LPG system. You got any inside thoughts or ideas to share how you put it together?
I'm headed in that direction myself & could use some pointers. I got a '90 7.3 w/aftermkt.nonwastegated AST.
Thanks
James

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
I think you're talking about my coolant filter. Its the horizontal one mounted to the filter tower.

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
Gotcha. I mounted my coolant filter in front of the radiator behind the grill, but this will probably change....gonna do an intercooler soon.
(running out of room under the hood....thinking bout adding 3-4 foot to the frame & rebuild hood & fenders.....wonder what a 10' hood & fenders would look like???? Might make U-turns harder.......haha) :Sly LOL

JohnDeStef

addicted
Reaction score
towcat said:
The ATS guy is partially right.....its tube and fin allright, and inside the tube, there also another fin setup. they definitely had the "heat sink" theory in mind on mime. Personally, I am a little concerned on the restriction over time so the CDR is not going to stay. When I get back to CA, i will be doing the RDT conversion just to keep the oil out of the IC. I previously had the same issues with my GN, and I should have did the RDT when I did the first install.

I've searched for RDT in the threads, with no luck. What is this mod? Something like eliminating the blow-by going into the intake? If so, that's one massive PCV tube!
R ?
D ?
T ?

:Thumbs Up Thanks!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JohnDeStef said:
I've searched for RDT in the threads, with no luck. What is this mod? Something like eliminating the blow-by going into the intake? If so, that's one massive PCV tube!
R ?
D ?
T ?

:Thumbs Up Thanks!
R
D
T= road draft tube.....yup, its like a pcv, actually is. But it has issues. (POKE HERE) and you will be brought up to speed on the latest debate on the RDT mods.
btw...welcome to the basement! ;Sweet

JohnDeStef

addicted
Reaction score
F350camper said:
The core dimensions are about the same size as the one towcat is running I believe 28x12x4. I think the two big differences between his and mine are that mine is 4” thick, and it’s a bar and plate design, while I think his 3” thick, and its tube and fin.

Do you have any pics of your intercooler before/during the install? I'd like to know where the inlet/outlets are, and which direction they're facing.

Thanks!

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Unfortunately I don’t, but it looks almost exactly like towcats (see lets talk intercoolers thread)