Blizzard air.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Finally got her done. I can’t believe how hot the turbo side is compared to the intake side. ;Sweet

I gave it all a coat of paint to make it purdy, at least for now. It seems to be working well, and I lost about ¾ of a pound of boost. But I dialed that right back in with my boost controller on the waste gate actuator.

The big story will be on its first haul. I’m real curious to see how those EGTs do.

Attachments

• driver side.jpg
    driver side.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 94
  • pass side.jpg
    pass side.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 74
  • side view.jpg
    side view.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 168
  • front view.jpg
    front view.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 160

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
couple more...

Attachments

• DSC02387.JPG
    DSC02387.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 81
  • OB1.JPG
    OB1.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 70
  • OB3.JPG
    OB3.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 82

Nickbf2504x4

ATV Racr-IDI Driver
Reaction score
Rob you are an inspiration to us all. ;Sweet ..ooooh an intercooler cant wait til i get me one of those! are you running a PSD? one more project for when i get out to CO in August!!!

P.S. time to change the Signature! ;Sweet

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rob, that is awesome you got the rig hooked up. I may jsut have to tear into the truck this weekend. You have inspired me, and man, I would like to feel the difference with the cooler in there. You rock. I bet the intercooler with Banks is the BEES KNEES, lower EGT's, great boost.. Man. Scotty

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Way cool! ;Sweet ;Sweet I was wanting to pyro my truck durring my stay out in TX, but the house projects have been keeping me busy -cuss your pyro numbers will be interesting, as soon as I get mime put in, I can start messing with the feul. ;Sweet

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta love the ease of adding MORE FUEL, it is so nice and cheap.. I wished I had some more fuel to crank, but the threads are already screaming to hold on... Scotty

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Rob

;Sweet :hail :hail ;Sweet

I love the personalized intake hat ;Sweet :thumbsup:

That was a nice touch.

It is pretty amazing how much temp the intercooler sheds that's for sure. I know last fall I pulled over and touched the input side and output side of my intercooler and it was night and day. The outlet side felt like the fender while the input side was HOT HOT HOT. Just simply amazing... Looking back I really should have gone that route instead of the Fire Hose Project LOL - Nah because had I did it any differently I would still be driving an IDI -Deadhorse ;Poke ;p :rotflmao

Nah seriously Congrats and hats off to ya buddy - ya did good! ;Sweet

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
That really looks nice. I didn't see your A/C compressorin the pics. Did you ever have one or was it removedfor the install? Also, whats the knob for thats t'd into a line back near the turbo? Did you hook the splash system back up?

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Rob, Are you shure you can't make it the IDI weekend, I want to see that setup in person!

Looks Great! Congrats. What IC did you use? Did you notice any increase in power yet?

Jaybee

Reaction score
That knob looks like a boost control system. It's a way to trick the wastegate into opening at a higher pressure than it was originally designed for.

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
What kind of engine temp increases have you guys been seeing after the IC installs? If any?

Don

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Thanks for all the positive comments guys. I had a lot of fun on this project. Sure learned a lot, and I picked up a metal casting hobby along the way. :thumbsup:

Nickbf2504x4 said:
are you running a PSD?
P.S. time to change the Signature! ;Sweet

Yep, I need to get that sig updated. It’s not a PSD IC, its aftermarket. The core dimensions are about the same size as the one towcat is running I believe 28x12x4. I think the two big differences between his and mine are that mine is 4” thick, and it’s a bar and plate design, while I think his 3” thick, and its tube and fin. Course, he’ll have to confirm, this is just what I heard from an ATS guy.

Lots of pro’s and cons as far as tube and fin vs bar and plate ICs. I don’t think one is better than the other, just different designs. I also think the PSD IC is a great way to go since so many folks have gone that route with good results. I just wanted to try something different. And get this, I didn’t even have to remove my bumper to mount the IC. I just tucked it up there and figured out how I wanted to mount it to the radiator support, and drilled some holes. I also had to remove, slightly flatten, and re-install the center support to give me enough clearance. I leaned more towards towcats design cuz I really like having as much radiator exposed as possible. And then a guy here locally had this IC up for sale, and it seemed like a good one to try out. He supposedly had it custom made by a shop that buys the cores, and welds on the end tanks. But I wouldn’t be surprised if it was straight out of china or something. Was gonna put it on a 454 gasser project, and decided to go another way. I figured what the heck, if I try it, and don’t like it, I can always mount one from a PSD.

Darrin Tosh said:
Rob, Are you shure you can't make it the IDI weekend, I want to see that setup in person!

Looks Great! Congrats. Did you notice any increase in power yet?

Ya, I just can’t make it this year Darrin. But it’ll be on there for you to see next year when you guys decide to hold this thing in Colorado. :rotflmao I haven’t been able to look for power yet, hopefully this weekend. I will say that I noticed idling at a stop light the EGTs were at 200° instead the normal 300°. ;Sweet

apextrans said:
I didn't see your A/C compressorin the pics. Did you ever have one or was it removedfor the install? Also, whats the knob for thats t'd into a line back near the turbo? Did you hook the splash system back up?
Ya its there, its right next to the vacuum pump on the driver side, right under the IC tube from the turbo. I have a serp belt setup, so it may be in a different place than what you’re used to. As far as the knob, Jaybee nailed that one in the quote below. No splash yet. It’s temporarily disabled while I evaluate the IC. Depending on what my EGTs do while hauling, I may delete it all together. We’ll see on that one.

Jaybee said:
That knob looks like a boost control system. It's a way to trick the wastegate into opening at a higher pressure than it was originally designed for.

towcat said:
rob-
your IC piping, is there a seperation in the middle or did you do a 1piece setup?

It has a separation on both sides, 4 total pipes. I think mine are down a little lower than yours, so you can’t see the unions in the pics.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Is the boost control home grown or store bought? How or where do I look for one. I got to turn up the fuel screw some more. ;Sweet