BIG RED REBUILD

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
Next i'm going to wire wheel the bottom then under coat it. Then the cab is going on the frame!!!!!!!

papastruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any temptation to hollow things out for a fatter downpipe while you're in there, just in case you get snail-bit?

wils2527

Dumb Engineer
Reaction score
This is the absolute coolest project I've seen in quite some time with an IDI. Looking forward to seeing the final product!

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
Man...rust won't even have a chance on this truck! lol
Thats the plan:sly
Any temptation to hollow things out for a fatter downpipe while you're in there, just in case you get snail-bit?

That's a good suggestion while the cab is apart.
That is a good idea, but i've got some more ideas to :D
This is the absolute coolest project I've seen in quite some time with an IDI. Looking forward to seeing the final product!

Thank you ;Sweet I can't wait to drive it down for an IDI rally :D

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
1st coat of under coating is on:sly I first started with an under coating gun and it was working awesome.....Till... I went to reload it and the gun f-ed up so now i'm using a paint brush -cuss Oh well
You must be registered for see images attach

That was yesterday lol I took the day off from the truck today and went to the lake with a friend.

:sly

She even drove my boat :sly

any how back to work tomorrow lol

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
well the bottom of the cab is done so I started working on the cab lights mod and welding up the holes from the viser :rolleyes: i hate thows thinks.

I tried my hardest not to get it to hot and still f-ed it up-cuss I was able to work the metal back real close though. so the fill is let then a 1/4"

I really wanted to do this mod to set it apart and so my light are where they should be.

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
There's a cab on the frame!!!!!

We set the bed on so it would be easer to move it out of the back yard.

And guess what!! The ******* frame is twisted!!!-cuss-cuss The rear cross member for the cab is bent so the cab dose'nt fit right! So i called a shop here in town that straightin's frames and they send no big deall we can fix it for around $400 to $500:eek: Oh well its got to be done! I just wish I swa it before i painted it!:rolleyes:

my85ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey Big Dave I love your project.I also have a project Im doing Like yours .I have a 85 f250 4x4 Im taking out the 6.9 and putting in a 7.3 idi .Im putting in the 89 ford dash and aftermarket dakota digital dash .I also am putting in the banks sidewinder kit . I also got the donor pickup and it had the dana 60 rear ends .I havent posted any pics of it yet but soon as its running ill share some pic with everybody. I just join oilburners so Ill try to get some pics up .keep up the great job it looks really great look forward to more of your posts.

Last edited:

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
No updates. I got my T-19 home. Big red is put up for the winter. I plan to do the motor and tranny this winter! Just waiting on money. I moved in to my own place last week and I have any internet at my place yet so I don't know when i'll be back on. Don't worry though, There will be updates soon!

mrbrink

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Dave, looking good man. I'll have to make a trip up there sometime and see the beast. Maybe I'll drive my new idi. You'll also appreciate its 2 tone brown like that F150 and the 6.2!! lol

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
Small update I picked up a 10inch super lift and sold the body lift. I'm going to pull 2 spring out of each pack and do a 3inch hanger kit in the front with the stock blocks in the rear!:sly:sly

I'm thinking 40inch toyo m/t's with 18's

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might as well just hard mount it, with no leaves.. It will ride the same. :rotflmao

I am looking forward to seeing it though. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle