BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
Dana60 is painted and in:rock::rock::rock:
You must be registered for see images attach

It think i need some lift spring:rolleyes:

I put a dana60 I had laying around so I stuck it under the rear for now. The rear end Im going to use is still under the green truck. I'm also going to order new tie rods and diff cover:sly

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
Thanks!! Its had been about 6 months since I had done any drawing. I really need to get back in to it. lol

dslbroncotom

Diesel Bronco Tom
Reaction score
Im super jealous!! Looks f'n awsome man! You must have some kick a** neighbors to be able to do all that work and keep all them parts in your yard. where I live its like god's waiting room and all the old a** holes with nothing better to do ride around and call code enforcement on ppl.-cuss And the city has so many stupid ordinances its rediculous. For instance the only work on a vehicle you can do in YOUR OWN driveway is "emergency" repair, and that to them is chaninging a tire or jumping a dead battery. Heck, years ago it was against city ordinance to park ANY pickup truck in your driveway overnight, because it was considered a "commercial" vehicle.

Anyway, looks good man. Keep up the good work!

Last edited:

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
Im super jealous!! Looks f'n awsome man! You must have some kick a** neighbors to be able to do all that work and keep all them parts in your yard. where I live its like god's waiting room and all the old a** holes with nothing better to do ride around and call code enforcement on ppl.-cuss And the city has so many stupid ordinances its rediculous. For instance the only work on a vehicle you can do in YOUR OWN driveway is "emergency" repair, and that to them is chaninging a tire or jumping a dead battery. Heck, years ago it was against city ordinance to park ANY pickup truck in your driveway overnight, because it was considered a "commercial" vehicle.

Anyway, looks good man. Keep up the good work!

Yeah neighbors are awesome!! But I also try to keep as much as I can in the back yard. Most of my neighbors have been watching my build to, and some even offered to help. lol

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
well I finely rolled it out side :D I under coated the inside of the fuel tank skid plates and finished putting all the wiring and fuel and brake lines back on:sly

I'm hoping to have the frame all rapped up tomorrow and then get the cab in the garage:rock::rock:

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
Super project, ton's of work but nicely done! I wish I had that kind of time again.

Couple suggestions: If you plan to turbo the motor in the future, slot the motor mount plates so you can set the engine an inch foreword. Made a huge difference in the 90 I used to have. If you look at it a few minutes you will see with a little slotting and trimming it isn't hard.

The other is if you plan to run the D60 and any kind of lift, do a reverse shackle lit moved fw 3 7/8 inches so you can use stock (3"lift with the RSK) to any lifted 99-04 Super Duty spring for much improved ride and flex. Over on The Diesel Stop there is tons of info on it. Well worth it for a project of this caliber!

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
Yeah I plan to turbo it, slotting the motor mount plates is a great idea!! I'm also planning to order a 3'' reverse shackle kit. I'm thinking about going with 52'' chevy rear springs and dual shocks. I know the the chevy springs will most likely flatin out. but I'm thinking with those spring and dual shocks it should ride like a caddy. I also have front and rear sway bars for it and i'm going to put traction bars back on it!! super duty spring is a good idea though, how would that clear with my bumper? I don't want to trim it or have to run a bumper block:puke:

Thanks for the info;Sweet

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
got a lot of work done today!!!!!!

Then I washed the tanks up and put them in:rock::rock:

I hope to have the cab in the garage tomorrow:Thumbs Up:Thumbs Up:cheers:

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
I got a lot more done today :D
I pulled the bed and front clip off the doner truck and then finely put it in the garage :hail then I pulled the door's off and started gutting it out:peelout:rock::cheers:

I'll have more pic's tomorrow after the family BBQ I hope:rolleyes: Happy 4th everyone;Sweet

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK BUDDY;Sweet;Sweet

I hope i can come to alaska one day and ride in this truck, its going to be one awesome truck;Sweet

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK BUDDY;Sweet;Sweet

I hope i can come to alaska one day and ride in this truck, its going to be one awesome truck;Sweet

Hell yeah and I hope to drive it down your way someday;Sweet

Keep it up! Your build makes me work on mine. Some of us need the kick in pants.

Thanks;Sweet I even need a kick start some times to, glad I could help :D

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
More work done today after the BBQ :D

and the best part with using a 96 cab

rear speakers:D I don't miss the 6X9's on the floor in the back:rolleyes:
Only 4 bolts to go and the cab is off:rock:

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
Well thanks to my dad for helping me, The cab is off the frame:hail

It saw a *****:rolleyes: I think when I'm ready to put it on the other frame i'm going to get about 3 friend over to help so i don't mess up all my work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes