Red Truck conversion

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Danielle,

If you duplicate that on one of your OBS’s… it will be 1 off. The Victoria paint was a bullnose only paint scheme.
It's going to be a rattle can job, so either way I'm going to infuriate paint purists haha. They might even take away my truck in shame. I think I've been unable to find it because I thought it was called Victorian not Victoria, doh!

Sorry for the off topic and hijack

TNBrett

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious, looks like the roof is blue on the blue truck but white on the red truck. Am I seeing it wrong, or is one not “correct”?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Just curious, looks like the roof is blue on the blue truck but white on the red truck. Am I seeing it wrong, or is one not “correct”?
I sure can't answer that. I'd never even heard of it until Scott mentioned it. Plus the Blue Truck had been repainted so maybe it wasn't done correctly.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score

I sure can't answer that. I'd never even heard of it until Scott mentioned it. Plus the Blue Truck had been repainted so maybe it wasn't done correctly.
I may be completely wrong here, but after doing some more thinking, I believe that the Red Truck has the correct paint on the roof. In this picture, you can see where the white paint is showing through the blue paint on the back of the roof of the Blue Truck.

Attachments

• 101_1969.JPG
    101_1969.JPG
    308.1 KB · Views: 5

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Roof and back of the cab should be the color opposite the hood. In the case of these trucks, the dark blue and the red. Ours was dark brown. I think the red truck is fading, why the color looks incorrect. But the correct Victoria, the hood color should stop at that top of the doors. The contrasting color should be on the roof, back of cab and the inside of the bed and everything on the outside except the rockers....

This was what ours looked like

You must be registered for see images attach

Here is a snip from the Ford Truck Sales Brochure. It is opposite of Bronco's Red Truck. This shows the accent color as red, and the main color as white. His is accent of white and main color as red. My guess is, the truck is painted the main color, then the accent was laid over the top of it.... but this is just a guess.....

So his Red Truck should have a Red Roof, and the Blue Truck should have a Dark Blue roof....

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
It came in today and it's not even Saturday. Not the cat. He's been here for over 5 years. The future home of the afore mentioned four gauges.

Attachments

• 101_1970.JPG
    101_1970.JPG
    271 KB · Views: 11

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I did a little more parts buying. Rock Auto had Fel-Pro head gaskets on clearance for about $25 each. Since it doesn't hurt anything to have an extra set laying around, I tried to order four, but all they had was three so I bought all three. I got them in today, but one had a slight issue. They claim that they don't have any more in stock so a refund is heading my way. If they don't ask for it back, I will still keep it since it will still work to check valve clearances for my Typ4 cam.

Attachments

• 101_2009.JPG
    101_2009.JPG
    394.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 101_2010.JPG
    101_2010.JPG
    250.4 KB · Views: 4

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure, but is the actual frame on a 250 and 350 thicker than the 150? I have an extra bullnose bronco that I think about making an IDI, but was thinking that it would be best to chop up a 250 frame to use.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Yes the frames are heavier on the "bigger" trucks. There's been some members on here (me included) who IDI swapped a Bronco and, as far as I know, we all used the Bronco frame. I was (incorrectly) told that you had to change out the "K" member to do the swap. I should have known better than to listen to that guy. I did and used the front and rear suspension and axles from a 1990 F250 donor. I'm not doing all of that with this swap. I did buy heavier coil springs for the front which will be needed for the IDI, but the rest will still be F150. I feel that the frame will be plenty strong enough. The only time that may it not be would be if you're making a lot more power than stock.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet, this is the information that keeps me coming back. Sometimes back I saw a obs bronco on the web that was powerstroked and it looked like they had scabbed the frame together, but if you don't have to than why bother. I relate to your first post on this thread, that now that I've driven behind one of these motors for so long that I really don't want anything else. I started doing the wmo thing about a year ago and my goodness, I can just...... drive.....

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
After a lot of feet dragging, and with a lot of regret, I'm putting this project on hold. Thanks to bull puckey like this, I've decided to go back to the original plan and put the 351W that I have in place of the 302.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I just can't justify the extra cost for the pleasure of driving a diesel over a gas engine right now. Another thing is that I ordered a complete gasket kit on Friday, 4/29 from Jeg's. It was supposed to ship out on 5/5. When I looked last night, it is now supposed to ship out some time next month! I can't have that type of thing happening. Once again, the conversion has NOT been cancelled. It's just been delayed until this evil,stupidity,bull puckey or whatever else you may want to call it calms down and the fuel prices get back to being more reasonable again. I feel that it may take a couple of years so I can't let the truck just sit and do nothing.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
..... you know..... you could come over to the dark side.... and run your IDI on the very controversial and apparently "dreaded" WMO......... when I was pumping out my first 300 gal tank of oil the guy I was getting it from was really curious about the whole thing and he made the comment, " ya know, this usually applys to something else, but the old saying "once you go black, you never go back" might apply to this too".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965

Members online