Big Ed gets a Face lift, Aussie Headlights,..

jim_22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, I have shifted left handed several times. When I was in high school, we had an 82 Ford EXP. It was a small car, and Dad and I are not small fellas. When we were together in the car and he was driving, his right shoulder was actually behind mine, and he could not reach the gear shift. So he drove and ran the clutch, and I shifted gears.......

I am older. 60s Chevy with a hot blonde. Arm around her gotta shift with the left hand.

3Kp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
F650

I'm not sure if the side marker lights are attached or can be separated? May require modification or 2 :sly

You must be registered for see images attach

I was heading to the plumbing supply shop and there is a wrecker dealership at the entrance of the industrial park that it's in. The headlights caught my eye and got me to thinking "wonder if I can make those fit?" If I ever get some time I might run over to the Ford dealership that sells the bigger Ford trucks.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Darrin, looks great. Do you happen to remember where you got your hood and is the scoop functional? I've been looking at cowl hoods but nobody seeems to make a steel one that is not either obscenely expensive or obscenely tall.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thats one of the coolest hood scoops ive seen,
besides mine :D

awesome rig ;Sweet

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Darrin, looks great. Do you happen to remember where you got your hood and is the scoop functional? I've been looking at cowl hoods but nobody seeems to make a steel one that is not either obscenely expensive or obscenely tall.

Thanks!

The Hood is stock, with an added Hood Scoop that is a Factory Ford one from the late 60's early 70's. Ford used them on the Torino GT, Fairlaine, Mustang GT's I got it at a swap meet YEARS ago. I also installed Turn Signals in the back of it like it came from the factory.

When I did the makeover on the truck back in 06, It had a Banks Turboed IDI and the hood scoop was Functional, Now with the Cummins it is more of Vent.

Check out the Makeover Video and it shows the Hood Scoop pretty well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r62RJValMQ8

Bart F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Darrin,

would you mind shooting some foto's from the drivers seat at night, so we can get a clear vision of how these LED's light up the area in front of your truck?

Thanks,

Bart

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Bart, it may be a bit before Darrin can do that. Big Ed does not see outside after the snow flies......

However, the trip to the Midwest Rally in 2015 was after the conversion. He pulled the truck onto one of the lanes in the campground, and the amount of light those LED lights put out is UN-describeable......

They lit up the area in front of the truck like it was daylight, and on brights, they must reach out twice what a normal bulb does.....

When the lights were on (bright or dim) it was painful to look at the front of the truck.......

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another reason to figure out how to make those lights fit into the factory lights by making and cutting the lens and mounting....

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, even if he wants to go out and play in the evil white fluff, can't exactly do that with the transmission removed :D

True,

However, he has another fun truck to play in the snow with. Droopy gets to play in the snow. That is a neat little truck too...... may not be as well known as Big Ed, but it has received Darrin's customizing touch. The 4BT and ZF-5 make a nice driver, and it moves the snow for him like a little tractor.......

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All too aware of Droopy, kinda make it a point of seeing what custom stuff others come up and taking a notice of how it works for them. Hence why a 4BT would be a viable option for our IDI as well, if one comes up before we the 6BT jumps out of the larger truck for its own big power swap...

Wonder if Droopy will get the same headlights as Big Ed?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7