Big Ed gets a Face lift, Aussie Headlights,..

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
I haven't been on in a looooong time and have not done much with the trucks other than drive em,.. but after searching on and off for a number of years for Aussie Headlights, I was able to get a pair shipped in, and will be installing them this week.

They will be installed on Big Ed:

You must be registered for see images attach

Quick pic of them when I got them in, right now they are disassembled getting cleaned up.

I will also be installing Truck Lite LED Headlights as well:

Stay Tuned for more to come this week,....

3Kp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I remember reading on your truck build/conversion when I first joined. I was thinking off trying to get Aussie assembly too. Let us know how it goes. BTW Nice truck and like that grill. Is it a cover or the grill itself?

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I remember reading on your truck build/conversion when I first joined. I was thinking off trying to get Aussie assembly too. Let us know how it goes. BTW Nice truck and like that grill. Is it a cover or the grill itself?
Just so you know, you'll have to swap the lamps to US-spec ones, due to Aussies driving on the other side of the road - all low beams are designed to bias light spread more towards the passenger side, id you run Aussie lamps in the US or any other country where you drive on the right you will be blinding other drivers pretty bad. Darrin is obviously bypassing that issue by switching to LEDs from right off the bat, I'm just bringing it up for general information.

I'd love to see how this swap turns out, should be pretty awesome. Not I'm sure the question on everyone's mind would be does whoever sold these to Darrin have any more of them? Would be nice if someone down under could possibly obtain more assemblies for folks here who are otherwise stuck with the lousy factory units...

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score

Thanks, Yes, I have the Lund Grill Inserts, I did the Flag Paint Job on them for the Rally a few years ago, and just left it. They were Red for a bunch of years when I ran them.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those are pretty neat. It will definitely be a nice touch. Won't see too many bricks with that front face.

Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I will be watching this too. Nothing worse than yellow head light lenses. I have tried many times with several different cleaners to make my lenses clear. Nope.. Not happening. Still have the crappy yellow mess and barely any head lights to drive with. When I'm out at night with my daughter in her new 2015 Acura those head lights are awesome to say the least....

mcghan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those will be nice,too bad some body doesnt make an upgrade or reasonably priced replacement,the only thing i found were $500 a set,mine are so bad that i drive with hi beams on and i dont get flashed by on coming traffic ever

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can get standard replacements for about 200 for the pair if you look around. They won't be Ford but they will be a lot clearer than what you have for a while.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Just so you know, you'll have to swap the lamps to US-spec ones, due to Aussies driving on the other side of the road - all low beams are designed to bias light spread more towards the passenger side, id you run Aussie lamps in the US or any other country where you drive on the right you will be blinding other drivers pretty bad. Darrin is obviously bypassing that issue by switching to LEDs from right off the bat, I'm just bringing it up for general information.

I'd love to see how this swap turns out, should be pretty awesome. Not I'm sure the question on everyone's mind would be does whoever sold these to Darrin have any more of them? Would be nice if someone down under could possibly obtain more assemblies for folks here who are otherwise stuck with the lousy factory units...

Thanks for the info, What is interesting is the headlights that came in the buckets had a separate light that illuminated the headlight like a daytime running light. Looks pretty cool, and I have not seen that before.

As far as a source, I actually found them on AUS ebay, but they were not listed, They were on a truck that was in the background of pic a listing, I emailed the seller, as he parts these trucks out, and he listed them for me. Even he said that these are a very rare setup. He would not ship them to the US, but I have a buddy in AUS that will, So he shipped them to him and that's how they got to me.

This was not cheap,...

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wasn't aware this was even an option for us bricknosers. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I'd use option loosely in this situation. Finding those buckets is probably like a needle in a haystack...halfway around the world. If Darrin shares his final cost, I would bet, knowing what little I do about buying parts from other countries, the price tag would scare most of us off. It's hard to even find a picture of the Aussie brick nose trucks from the little searching I've done.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Well, I'd use option loosely in this situation. Finding those buckets is probably like a needle in a haystack...halfway around the world. If Darrin shares his final cost, I would bet, knowing what little I do about buying parts from other countries, the price tag would scare most of us off. It's hard to even find a picture of the Aussie brick nose trucks from the little searching I've done.

Well Said!

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i wanna see, I WANNA SEE!!!!:D
THAT GRILLE IS KILLER!