Big Ed gets a Face lift, Aussie Headlights,..

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
Awesome! ;Sweet Looks great kinda surprised you found a set they are super rare.

Sorro71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The brick nose wasn't a big seller over here. As far as I know the diesel wasn't an option. Most seem to have a 351 Windsor engine and these days have been converted to run on LPG because the cost of petrol makes them to expensive to run. Petrol is currently cheap at around $1.30 a litre a couple of months back it was around $1.55. I'll have a look around and see if there are any aftermarket frames etc for sale. You would be able to fabricate the assembly frame.. The stainless retainer to hold the lamp may be able to be sourced from some other vehicle and the original chrome plastic surround is the hardest to find but there was someone getting new ones made. I'll see if I can find them. It will take a couple of weeks, work is busy and any spare time is being spent trying to get my truck back on the road. Fair warning they won't be cheap

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Darrin,
that looks great man!

I can't wait to see it in person in July. I like the LED lights.... now you got me to thinking.... hummmm

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Darrin,
that looks great man!

I can't wait to see it in person in July. I like the LED lights.... now you got me to thinking.... hummmm
here's a '99 I did the LED 6054 conversion on. Amazon last year was $200ea.

Attachments

• P1040314.JPG
    P1040314.JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 23
  • P1040315.JPG
    P1040315.JPG
    174.5 KB · Views: 21
  • P1040316.JPG
    P1040316.JPG
    158 KB · Views: 19

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GE-brand LEDs on that truck? Didn't realize GE makes LEDs... Also 200 a piece isn't a bad price considering the craptastic factory lights on those trucks, both the sealed beams and the composites. Just for comparison purposes I'll put this here - our FOG lamps cost between 250 and 300 a set depending on how they're set up, we have more than one truck with them. Being able to see well without taking that same right away from others does not come cheap. But IMHO it's money well spent, sure beats fancy wheels at the very least - to heck with shiny bling, it does you no good when you're wheels-up after rolling while attempting to avoid hitting a dear you could have seen and stopped for had you instead ponied up for better headlights... I've been called an elitist before, especially considering how strongly I feel against cheap HID kits - I'm not an elitist, I just wanna be able to SEE where I'm going while still allowing others to do the same. And quality lighting like that does come at a price.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GE-brand LEDs on that truck? Didn't realize GE makes LEDs... Also 200 a piece isn't a bad price considering the craptastic factory lights on those trucks, both the sealed beams and the composites. Just for comparison purposes I'll put this here - our FOG lamps cost between 250 and 300 a set depending on how they're set up, we have more than one truck with them. Being able to see well without taking that same right away from others does not come cheap. But IMHO it's money well spent, sure beats fancy wheels at the very least - to heck with shiny bling, it does you no good when you're wheels-up after rolling while attempting to avoid hitting a dear you could have seen and stopped for had you instead ponied up for better headlights... I've been called an elitist before, especially considering how strongly I feel against cheap HID kits - I'm not an elitist, I just wanna be able to SEE where I'm going while still allowing others to do the same. And quality lighting like that does come at a price.
here....
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BQX2BSO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
they went up a little on the price. :O

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very cool mod Darrin! Good to see you back on with a project! :)

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Darrin those look awesome, I bet the light output with those LED units is on par with the new rigs on the road. I'm just like everyone on here when I say I'm extremely jealous you were able to purchase a set and get them shipped over.

I was trying to figure out from the pics if a guy couldn't disassemble a factory bricknose headlight housing, trim it out and somehow use 80-86 parts and buckets to run the 5x7 headlights. I've also seen a few guys replace the 87-91 lenses with clear lexan and install aftermarket projectors

FWIW I picked up a set of new aftermarket headlights and they were a dramatic improvement along with a set of silverstar ultra bulbs. I'm curious how a 9004 LED conversion would turn out in one of our Bricknose trucks.

Thanks,

I got the LEDs adjusted correctly and they are Awesome! I love the light that they put out.

It would not be too difficult to duplicate the metal frame with the adjusters to hold the 5x7 sealed beam headlight to the plastic bricknose bucket. The difficult part would be the chrome bezels and getting the angles correct.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert