Bidding for the 2009 IDI Rally.

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL I was just thinking the same thing and then I read Darrin's post and he wrote it!! You've pretty much got the itinerary done already!!
I did a mapquest also and it's just 6 hours thereabouts...definite piece of cake! And since the parent's can't have two 50th anniversaries we should definately be there next year. With the price of fuel we just couldn't make two huge trips this year. Sure sounds like everyone had a great time! And it's already shaping up to be a great time next year! Looks and sounds great Heath!! ;Sweet

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I just did a map quest, it is 525 miles or 8 hours from my house to Bowling Green KY, Just about the exact same as this years Rally, Piece if cake!

I just did the same thing. I dont know, I will try to talk to parents into it, but its a long ways away LOL. Mapquest says Total Estimated Time: 35.0 hours 42 minutes, Total Estimated Distance: 2381.94 miles....one way LOL. I like the part where it says to merge onto I-84 from Portland, through Idaho, and into Utah for 725miles, and the I-80 through Wyoming and into Nebraska for 828miles.....those instructions would be pretty easy to follow :D

Anyone want to contribute to a get Justin to the 09 ralley fund :hail

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
350 miles 5 hours and 43 minutes here sounds good Heath but you don't think they will throw us out of the corvette museum for wearing ford and mustang stuff do ya?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
But guys.. Us West coasters need a closer location... Gees... I can see the Pacific Ocean from my house. Maybe someplace in the middle would be fair... Like Oklahoma City???

FordGuy100

Reaction score
But guys.. Us West coasters need a closer location... Gees... I can see the Pacific Ocean from my house. Maybe someplace in the middle would be fair... Like Oklahoma City???

LOL I agree ;Sweet. The only problem I see is that the usual ralley goers might not go because of the distance. Lets face it, us guys from the west coast are in way less numbers than the guys from the east coast....so its only fair to keep it over there more. The needs of the many outway the needs of the few.

I'm just hoping I can find out if any of my friends want to go on a roadtrip with me and split some of the cost.

MARQ2277

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to check that out, if I can afford the gas. I'd just pull my 28 foot house behind me. It's a bit of a drive from Boise, Idaho. When and exactly where is this event.

Marq

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
gary-
someone needs to start something and they will come. unless someone on the west coast wants to step in front of the bus and deal with the logistics and the endless debate, we can only look at what they're doing and drool. I don't mind putting together a small get-together, but I don't have the time or patience for putting together a rally.

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
West Coast guys-
You do realize that this began as a MidAtlantic gettogether. I am amazed at the distances people travel now--Wisconsin, Michigan, Iowa to western PA. I think we even had a guy from Texas at an earlier event----he claimed the rally was closer to where he lived than some parts in his own state of Texas!

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
looks like a great time, you got my vote. going to have to try to talk my BIL and sister into going next year.

just got a pop up for free so that shoudl be nicer than tenting again.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Hey, we might even be able to make that one providing fuel doesn't make it to $12 a gal by then :eek: That's only an 8 hour run from here ;Sweet

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd like to check that out, if I can afford the gas. I'd just pull my 28 foot house behind me. It's a bit of a drive from Boise, Idaho. When and exactly where is this event.

Marq

The offical dates will likely be Thursday 7/2/09 through Monday 7/6/09. The location as listed above is Bowling Green, Kentucky.

Sounds good guys. Any other suggestions, comments or questions?

Heath

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Once things really get rolling, say 2010, 2011 we'll have to have the IDI rally in orlando and then you can all fill up on biodiesel for the ride home.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
733 miles and 13 hours. That's going to be a 2 day trip for us each way. Looks like the price of fuel will run me around $1668 if I take both trucks and diesel is $8 a gallon. Be a real shame if I can't bring both, but that may be what happens. Either that or fly in, and rent a hotel. Might be cheaper. LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin