Bidding for the 2009 IDI Rally.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At this years rally, my wife (Missy) and I volunteered to host the 2009 IDI rally in Bowling Green, Kentucky. Most seemed to like the idea and here are the attractions/events we are proposing......

TS Performance is based in Bowling Green. The owner is a friend of a co-woker of mine. They have a CHASSIS DYNO that they will let us strap our IDI's to and make runs!!!;Sweet The cost of each run is not know yet, but they will also have to shop open to tour as well.

Beech Bend is in Bowling Green. They have a very nice campground and you can rent a camper there if you don't want to haul yours there. They also have a drag strip. I will try and get an "IDI bracket" for the weekend's races if I can and if you guys want to drag race each other. They also have a water park and an amusement park. There are several pavilions for us to use during the weekend and there is a ton of fun stuff there.

There is also a KOA Campground, but I don't know how well they can accomodate/tolerate a large group of smokey trucks. Like Darrin and I discussed at the rally, an independent campground will likely be more flexable and better suited to our needs. But, I could be way off on that assumption.:dunno

The National Corvette Museum is there as well as the corvette assembly plant. The museum would be cool to tour. However, I doubt the plant will be open over the holiday weekend.

Holley Performance has their world headquarters in Bowling Green too. Another possiblity for a tour and I might try and talk them out of a Red Pump or two.LOL

Mammoth Cave National Park is about 30 miles away from Bowling Green and is the largest cave system in the U.S. and in fact is the longest cave system in the world. Its a BIG cave.:D We can go for a cave tour as well.

I also went to college in Bowling Green at Western Kentucky University

Well..............What do you guys think??

I think we will have a few new awards at this rally for you guys to shoot for:
Highest HP/Torque 6.9 IDI
Highest HP/Torque 7.3 IDI

Heath

ON EDIT: This is also on the BOOB site as well.

Last edited:

FordGuy100

Reaction score
If I can find a good source of WMO, I would really like to attend. I know I said that last year, but seriously I think I will try my best to come. I would just have to borrow a small trailer from someone and put in like 6 55 gallon barrels of WMO/diesel to get there and back LOL. Its worth it in my opinion.

It would be around a 4500 mile round trip for me. If I used a 50/50 mix of diesel....4500miles/15mpg=300 gallons of fuel. 150g.diesel*$6gallon diesel= $900 in fuel, which isnt all that bad to be honest. Would probably be around a $1500 trip, but I bet I could get some friends to attend with me and split the cost ;Sweet

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be cool to get some folks from the Western part of the country there Justin. Hope you can make it.

As far as the campground...........I'm going to try and go this weekend and check them both out.

Heath

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I'd be cool to get some folks from the Western part of the country there Justin. Hope you can make it.

As far as the campground...........I'm going to try and go this weekend and check them both out.

Heath

;Sweet I will try my best, I'll see how things go.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
heath i for one think you're the man for the job. mammoth caves is awesome and i'm sure the vette museum is cool too.

i have friends in louisville as well so it's a good excuse for me to take a trip down that way.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I like the idea of renting a camper, not because I mind towing mine, but because I don't have one! :) Maybe I can start getting ready now to make it next year. I keep getting wrenches thrown in with visitation, etc. The ex had my daughter on the 4th. then on Sunday. Next year, I have her on the 4th. Will just have to figure out the rest!

fine6.9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds great, hopefully have my son's IDI done and maybe have one for me:D If not I will have to bring the PSD;Sweet

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are the TS perf ladies going to be there too?:love::love::love:
I might be able to make it to one of those rallies with my fuel storage setup.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Take it and Run Heath! Anyone who has that much to offer for 09 before the 08 rally people arent even home yet has my vote!

Let me know if you need any help or advice but it looks great so far!

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
I just did a map quest, it is 525 miles or 8 hours from my house to Bowling Green KY, Just about the exact same as this years Rally, Piece if cake!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin