Before and after intercooler

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed it yesterday and my truck seems to act different now like it has more low end power but seems to cut off at 2800. It is a lot quieter now though and intake moved to the passenger side so can't hear the turbo as much maybe it's just playing tricks on me because I can't hear the power. It defiantly pulls harder though down low just seems like it's not continuing higher. I'm gonna try to lock out the wastegate and see if it's maybe back pressure opening it because I think it was before also. It's currently just unhooked with nowhere to plug it in and has never been adjusted from factory 7-8 psi

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did notice I'm not afraid of full throttle anymore though doesn't sound like things are going to blow up

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Inspecting it now actually for leaks but haven't found any. Any intake leaks on my truck leak oil from them because my truck has some blow by/probably bad CD-R routing too so Intake sees some oil. The only spot I'm seeing oil at is my intake hat I got from typ4 but gaskets are basically new it doesn't look like anything major just some seepage. I'm not sure how tight I should torque the hate down to either I don't want to smash the gaskets out of it so it's probably like 20ft lbs about just estimated though

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what do egts look like before and after? say cruising and hard pulls, and i am curious what mpgs do, once you can keep your foot out of it! How are boost pressures? I would think you would have dropped 1-2 psi cruising with the ic

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About 2psi cruising drop, not sure in egts right now guage quit on me new matching ones coming with tax time soon. I know they had to have dropped though was driving around a little in town and short highway earlier and then I was looking at cooler making sure everything looked good still and felt both sides one side really hot, one side just as cold as outside temp so it's defiantly working good.

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crank the fuel up. Remember, the IP will always be able to push more fuel at the low end from the same setting than at the high end.
Before, you were having trouble using all of it, so the high end felt stronger.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a r and d 90cc so I don't think or feel I should mess with the fuel screw on it? and stage 1's, your probably right about not being able to use the fuel before because I saw a serious decrease in smoke and I can use full throttle and my truck not sound like it wants to grenade on me

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, you've probably got the pump maxed out already... time for a rd2-110!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online