autorx?

Dave7.3

Diesel ******
Reaction score
Auto rx installed. Man that stuff has a seriously pungent smell to it

That stuff had a somewhat 'fruity' smell to me when I added it to our Leyland farm tractor. :D
Have to say, it did a hell of a job for that tractor though! With the compression back up, the power is back as well as cold starting becoming quite a bit easier on it without the use of ether. Should be even easier with the tank type heater I installed this last weekend. ;Sweet
I had my doubts about additives, but this one seems to hold up. Definitely going to put some in the IDI this coming spring before the hay season kicks off.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
That stuff had a somewhat 'fruity' smell to me when I added it to our Leyland farm tractor. :D
Have to say, it did a hell of a job for that tractor though! With the compression back up, the power is back as well as cold starting becoming quite a bit easier on it without the use of ether. Should be even easier with the tank type heater I installed this last weekend. ;Sweet
I had my doubts about additives, but this one seems to hold up. Definitely going to put some in the IDI this coming spring before the hay season kicks off.

can you guys smell the auto rx out the exhaust?

wmoguy

Reaction score
Not that I can tell out the exhaust, but I can smell it out of the crankcase vent after working the tractor hard in the field.

I noticed the same today. It sort of freaked me out, and in fact had me crawling around underneath in my church clothes to determine if I had a leak that was spewing oil on the exhaust somewhere. It really smells.

wmoguy

Reaction score
ok I have roughly 250 miles now on it w/ the Autorx. It's way premature to really get excited, but I think it is doing something. On the Ferd idiot oil pressure guage I"ve already noticed a lift in pressure that it reads vs. prior. (yes I know I need to get a real gauge in there, and I will once my gauge pod is built/done)
If I get the oil good and hot I can smell it at a stoplight. Man that stuff is strong....

I'm hoping I"m not just prematurely excited, but I sure feel like it's already making a difference.

whenry912

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok I have roughly 250 miles now on it w/ the Autorx. It's way premature to really get excited, but I think it is doing something. On the Ferd idiot oil pressure guage I"ve already noticed a lift in pressure that it reads vs. prior. (yes I know I need to get a real gauge in there, and I will once my gauge pod is built/done)
If I get the oil good and hot I can smell it at a stoplight. Man that stuff is strong....

I'm hoping I"m not just prematurely excited, but I sure feel like it's already making a difference.

Took mine about 500 miles, when I began to notice the motor running smoother, quieter, and more powerfully...

wmoguy

Reaction score
This stuff rocks. Prior, I was limited to 15psi of boost solely by the ability to spin the turbo that fast. I've gained 2psi already (not that I plan to use that hot air regularly) I suppose I must've had some blowby.
Further I've noticed I'm getting less smoke out of the cdr valve. I'm about 600 miles into this stuff. Once this is all said and done and I've ran a clean oil change thru it I'll get a blackstone report done. I am kicking myself for not getting one done prior to all this to compare.