autorx?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used this stuff in the Moosestang. Would definitely recommend it to anyone running WMO for fuel. Your dino oil isn't really made for that, and this stuff will help.

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Relevent yet irrevelent to the post. I read years ago that when an engine is used for short trips the buildup of sludge occurs because the parrifins in the oil run down the insides of the engine (not hot enough to kep them liquified)and solidify as sludge. Years later I bought a monticarlo with a 400 small block -for the (engine) my plans were to freshen it up and keep as a spare for my chevy snowplows. An engine let go during a heavy storm (eaarly winter) and the engine got thrown in "as was". I put new valve cover gaskets and crankshaft seals (front & rear) in it and sent ti back out to work. When I had the valve covers off -I was amazed at the sludge buildup in that engine -I couldn't even see the valve springs!

When snow season was over it was still running strong ,almost no oil consumption ,just as it was when I bought the car. I pulled the valve covers to see what was happening in there.What a surprise it was as clean as a low mileage engine!

Remember that these engines start when it starts snowing and run untill the snow is all cleaned up -we didn't even stop them while we ate ,only shut them off durin fuelin. Any way 30 or more hours straight was not uncommon for them to run straight thru.The way that engine cleaned its self with regular Valvoline,to me proved what I had read about how sludge builds up. Carbon in the rings is a different story -I think no matter what oil is used or how it is used carbon will build up under the rings. Motor RX as Robert says will help that situation and clean where no other oil will under normal use.

damac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't cleaning out sludge be a bad thing for old diesels losing oil pressure with worn parts?

I would like to experiment with this stuff on my old vw diesel with some oil consumption and blowby.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Wouldn't cleaning out sludge be a bad thing for old diesels losing oil pressure with worn parts?

I would like to experiment with this stuff on my old vw diesel with some oil consumption and blowby.

That's a myth, that;s about like saying it's a bad thing to take a crap, you should just leave all that stuff in there cause it's holding all yer old parts up LOL

Your VW diesel will love the stuff, I've used it on a bunch of VW industrial diesels.Results were nothing short of amazing.

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
That's a myth,that;s about like saying it's a bad thing to take a crap, you should just leave all that stuff in there cause it's holding all yer old parts up LOL Your VW diesel will love the stuff, I've used it on a bunch of VW industrial diesels.Results were nothing short of amazing.

You promised not to tell -what kind of a friend are U? :puke: And to think I thought you agreed with me!!! cookoo

Last edited:

wmoguy

Reaction score
Ok y'all I got some of this liquid gold on it's way. Question is I leave Friday for a 9 day elk hunting trip. I'll be pulling doubles roughly 250 miles each way and 8 days of unloaded use, uber cold morning starts and low speed all tire chain driving. Is now not a good time to be tossin this in the crankcase?

wmoguy

Reaction score
Ok y'all I got some of this liquid gold on it's way. Question is I leave Friday for a 9 day elk hunting trip. I'll be pulling doubles roughly 250 miles each way and 8 days of unloaded use, uber cold morning starts and low speed all tire chain driving. Is now not a good time to be tossin this in the crankcase?

Bueller, bueller, bueller?

whenry912

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The directions are to run it if I remember for about a thousand miles or so then change the oil and filter. I think you would be fine running it under the conditions you listed, engine speed won't matter nor will cold starts, it only replaces a small amount of your regular oil... Oh, and don't run it if you have synthetic in there!

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score

You should be fine. THis stuff doesn't go in there and start knocking big chunks off, It works so slowly, you can barely notice anything happening. For only 500 miles, that's not much of a trip. Only reason I could see for waiting till after the trip is over would be you are going to have higher blowby while pulling those loads and you might end up burning off more of your expensive cleaner while hard pulling those grades before it has a chance to get soaked into things, so in retrospect, you might want to wait until you get back so it has a chance to work it's way into your engine while it isn't under load.

wmoguy

Reaction score
You should be fine. THis stuff doesn't go in there and start knocking big chunks off, It works so slowly, you can barely notice anything happening. For only 500 miles, that's not much of a trip. Only reason I could see for waiting till after the trip is over would be you are going to have higher blowby while pulling those loads and you might end up burning off more of your expensive cleaner while hard pulling those grades before it has a chance to get soaked into things, so in retrospect, you might want to wait until you get back so it has a chance to work it's way into your engine while it isn't under load.

Thx RL. Based on the above I do think I'll hold off until after the trip. Which reminds me, my "IcanFixAll" "rear seat" toolbox is missing a spare air filter. I best get on that before I leave

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I guess I'm of the other mindset...I think a good working drive like that would be perfect. Juices all getting circulated around, good engine temp and all to start working in. I put mine in just before I hauled a tandem trailer about 200 miles (100 empty at 3000lbs and 100 with a friends truck).

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yep. pretty thick to aint it.

Thick like molassas, I heat it up before pouring it in or some will stay in the bottle.

Some one asked about "repeat" if that means do it again. Why hell yes, do it again, what else would REPEAT mean. I named my two sons pete and repeat. :rotflmao:rotflmao

wmoguy

Reaction score
Thick like molassas, I heat it up before pouring it in or some will stay in the bottle.

Some one asked about "repeat" if that means do it again. Why hell yes, do it again, what else would REPEAT mean. I named my two sons pete and repeat. :rotflmao:rotflmao

Yep I had both bottles sitting in the cold garage. It was like sludge. 15 minutes in some hot water from the tap and it was thinner than oil