ATS Aurora turbo kit

mainiac

Reaction score
I bought one for my 6.9 on November 6th. Still haven't got it. I called them and they say they are waiting for a part.
They took my money, but keep telling me it will ship early next week.:dunno
After all this time I have been thinking about the Hypermax and wondered what people have to say about Hypermax's turbos vs ATS.
Who's got one on their truck, how was the install?

Thanks.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id personally go with hypermax. Their customer service is great and they get the parts out fast. ATS has decent products but they dont appear to be inclined to get things shipped out.

Mr.Diesel

Reaction score
I bought one for my 6.9 on November 6th. Still haven't got it. I called them and they say they are waiting for a part.
They took my money, but keep telling me it will ship early next week.:dunno
After all this time I have been thinking about the Hypermax and wondered what people have to say about Hypermax's turbos vs ATS.
Who's got one on their truck, how was the install?

Thanks.

Did you call them straight or go thrugh a dealer?

Ottoparts

Whoa, that was fun!
Reaction score
I had three turbo's at one time.

Banks Sidewinder (non-wastgate)
Hypermax (non-wastgate)
CTS (non-wastegate)

After reading allot of threads on here about them, and being able to compare the three side by side, I choose to use the Hypermax kit on my truck.
My Hypermax kit is missing a few pieces. So I called them, very friendly on the phone. They emailed me a detailed breakdown list (with pictures) and installation manual. Everything is still offered through them. They are pretty quick to respond to emails, and next week I will be buying the missing parts.

Banks, customer service told me to either buy a new kit, or have a nice day.

CTS (Canadian Turbo System), I have found very little on it. But it looks allot like the Banks and Hypermax kits put together.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
What they are doing to you is standard operating procedure for ATS. DOn't count on seeing that turbo any time soon. If I were you , I would cancel that order and get a Hypermax ;Sweet Look at it as an oppertunity to correct a mistake.
I have an ATS and was treated the same way ( actually much worse, they kept lying to me about when I was going to get my part, Lying about who's fault it was, Lyeing about the dealer I bought it through supposedly not paying them, etc..... )
If I had it to do over , I would get a Hypermax . THeir customer support is second to none, they are friendly and straight forward and get things done fast. I love the Cowl induction I got from them and I've been on the phone with them over some other goodies and they are some neat folks. It's nice to support a company that is still actively developing products for our engines.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i service and installed all three of the well-known makes. from a mechanic's standpoint, the Banks has the most parts to aggravate a mechanic, the ATS is the most mechanic friendly. Hypermax is in the middle but has the best customer support.

mainiac

Reaction score
Thanks for the input.
I'm 2 inches from canceling and calling hypermax.

I could use some friendly customer service. I'll post pics whenever I get a kit for this beast.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
even is its not the easiest to work on you can call hypermax and they will bend over backwards to help you

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll chime in in support of ATS. I recently put an AURORA 2000 kit on my truck and am very happy with it. Delivery time was several weeks, but you need to keep in mind that our trucks are NOT moneymakers for these companies any more, so they often build-to-order kits as to limit inventory expense.

From a business standpoint, it makes sense not to stock everything all the time, especially slow-moving parts like complete turbo kits for 15 year old trucks. If you're willing to be patient, they'll provide you with a great product that will work well on your truck. If we keep getting impatient and pulling the order and asking for money back, these companies are going to lose interest in supporting these older diesels and we'll all be stuck with what we have.

I understand your frustration, but perhaps a polite phone call to ATS asking for a realistic ETA might be in order before you just ask for a refund.

My $.02.

Ryan

kas83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll chime in in support of ATS. I recently put an AURORA 2000 kit on my truck and am very happy with it. Delivery time was several weeks, but you need to keep in mind that our trucks are NOT moneymakers for these companies any more, so they often build-to-order kits as to limit inventory expense.

From a business standpoint, it makes sense not to stock everything all the time, especially slow-moving parts like complete turbo kits for 15 year old trucks. If you're willing to be patient, they'll provide you with a great product that will work well on your truck. If we keep getting impatient and pulling the order and asking for money back, these companies are going to lose interest in supporting these older diesels and we'll all be stuck with what we have.

I understand your frustration, but perhaps a polite phone call to ATS asking for a realistic ETA might be in order before you just ask for a refund.

My $.02.

Ryan

Bingo. These trucks are old news, so they aren't going to be high selling items, and they simply aren't going to stock a thousand turbo kits so that delivery can be overnight.

Also, if you call up Banks, some parts for the IDI's need to be made to order, so there's some lead time there too.

Be patient, give them a chance. The customer service does need some work, but the product is quality.