Turbo kit mfg's

quickster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I thought I never really needed one, but after my first heavy run with the dump trailer I've come to conclusion that my truck is a complete slug. Maybe about 6 ton total it drives and stops great, but when you need to get up to speed in traffic it's embarrassing. I've stupidly never paid much attention to turbo threads and now I need to start seriously looking. So are there any other makers of kits besides Banks? Looks like they don't give you the option of buying the kit without the exhaust. I already have a 4" pipe going to the back. Thanks in advance. This is for the 91 with the 7.3 I just bought back. And if anyone has a setup for sale, let me know.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I thought I never really needed one, but after my first heavy run with the dump trailer I've come to conclusion that my truck is a complete slug. Maybe about 6 ton total it drives and stops great, but when you need to get up to speed in traffic it's embarrassing. I've stupidly never paid much attention to turbo threads and now I need to start seriously looking. So are there any other makers of kits besides Banks? Looks like they don't give you the option of buying the kit without the exhaust. I already have a 4" pipe going to the back. Thanks in advance. This is for the 91 with the 7.3 I just bought back. And if anyone has a setup for sale, let me know.
My tow truck is crying for one too.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Banks and Hypermax are the only ones that offer complete new systems as far as I know. Russ and CDD don't usually have complete kits.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Russ offers them, the kit I got from CDD was complete, up to the down pipe, I had to fab an adapter to my exhaust is all.

quickster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was on both sites and didn't see anything about complete kits. Unless you have to piece them together.

quickster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was just on Hypermax's site and they have a kit without exhaust. I think I know the answer to this one but I'm gonna ask anyway--stud it or no. The 7.3 is a ******. Never been opened up. Runs like sewing machine. I don't have a garage or lift like I did up north so pulling the motor to stud it would be tough. Keeping out of the weather would be tough.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Russ you have to message to get a kit, he doesn't list them on his site.

CDD: https://classicdieseldesigns.com/collections/turbo-kits/products/cdd-stage-1-idi-turbo-kit

That's the kit I have. Just gotta select what turbo you want, but it comes with crossover pipes, pedistal, gaskets, ect...

If you're running a stock turbo at 8psi max, injectors, and pump, no need to stud. My engine is 100% stock, slapped a turbo on it, turned the pump up a little, and it really woke the beast up! Which is saying a lot, cause these crew cabs are long and heavy!

captain720

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it runs like a sewing machine and you just want a little more power I would turbo and not stud it. But I would keep boost low and have good gauges.

quickster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would def get gauges. I put in a Champion rad and it seems to run hotter than it used to.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Gauges are definitely a must. I got a boost, EGT, coolant temp, and oil pressure.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86