Borg Warner turbo that will bolt into a Sidewinder kit

Minuteman96

Reaction score
I have a wastegated Banks Sidewinder that had shaft play so I tore it down. Was going to rebuild it myself, but finding a kit is a bear. I’ve read the wastegated sidewinders were all TE06H’s but the label on my turbo got ripped off before I acquired it. The motor is a stock 94 7.3 in a 93 F250. Pretty sure non turbo, but it was a swap in by previous owner, so I am really not 100% sure.

Option A: I will rebuild it with a TE06H kit off eBay. But, If anybody can confirm they have used a TE06H kit to rebuild their sidewinder or point me to a scenario where some one has, that’d be awesome as I would rather know for sure it’ll work before paying for a rebuild kit.

Option B: a different turbo that will bolt up to the sidewinder up pipe. I did read a BW S257SXE would do that, but can anyone confirm that for me? Will that work with a stock motor and not blow The engine apart? I’m really not looking for crazy boost or power or anything. Just tired of smoking up the mountaintop while I’m driving the hills. Thanks.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have spent much time and brain power finding the parts to rebuild these things. Its not fun.
I upgrade every one I build with a bigger compressor wheel and new turbine shaft . And better turbine seal.
The teo6h kit will leave you hanging , part of it works, the important parts wont.
Banks had a hybrid built for them so they could sell you a new turbo.
I can build it for you , or I have an nos cartridge and compressor on the shelf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online