Again-Oops,I did it again.....

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
well,check my signature.It has an addition.....and no it don't run right now....Went to pick it up in Little Rock with a friend of mine(he got 4).20 miles out of little rock his truck(had a ranger in the bed...hey,atleast it was a ford product and another deuce on the tow bar behind it) was REAL low on power and starting to over heat(220-230 and 35MPH....sure,Grossing around 31K with 125HP) so we swap trucks.He hooks mine to the towed rig and I take over control of the overheating rig(thank God since I am **** about watching gauges and it was pushing 230 a couple times.about 20 degrees hotter than I like to run one but I couldn't keep it down and it didn't puke).Well,after 400 miles my buddy trusted the fuel gauge on a 36 year old truck and ran it dry.We couldn't get it fired and had to tow it back the next day(around 60 miles).Hopefully I will just find it blew the fuse for the in tank pump.Hey,there is a plus,This one has Heat,A turbo,Dual spring seats with custom pimpin Valour red seats(sides are vinyl),hard top,high rise rear cover so you can stand inside the bed with lights,good rubber,and no slobber down the side of the block.

Freight_Train

Reaction score
OH yea,I had it named the night I won the high bid on it......sad ain't it....I was going to resell it until I named it.Next to Impossible to sell a vehicle once I name them.The Falcon was an exception since it was eating my wallet alive at 60 miles a day and 10-12MPG.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
those old trucks are the coolest looking. i know i have someone to beat me over the head when i get the bright idea to get another hunk of metal.:idiot: helps keep me in line:D

Freight_Train

Reaction score
Getcha a deuce!10-12MPG,14,000lbs,Truely basic everything.Electrical is only for the lights and the lift pump(which it doesn't even need as long as you don't run out of fuel).Parts are as cheap or cheaper than a Ford IDI.

Freight_Train

Reaction score
It's alive ALIVE ITS ALIVE!!!!!Got it back going today.Stole the pump outta the martyrmachine.It doesn't need it right now anyway.Gonna get a replacement soon.There are a couple on Ebay.But it lives and I also fixed the hood.Gave it a HARD punch and it popped mostly back out straight!Looks like someone drove it with the latchs loose.

Last edited:

Freight_Train

Reaction score
Yea,Gotta love salt on painted mirror frames.I had that rust streak cleaned off once.....I need to pull those mirror frames and scrap them.Got a set of STAINLESS ones in the building behind it.As for rust on the E...I used duplicolor and sand paper on every bit of top side rust.I do need to fix the big gaping hole in the passenger door where the mirror ripped away a little.....oops.....

Freight_Train

Reaction score
oh yea,Check the as it arrived photo in my signature(except I just laid my stacks in the bed for a quick pic).Those rust runs were there when it got here.....just not quite as bad.....

Freightrain

Just "B" it........
Reaction score
My township would have my ****** hung from the tallest tree if I had two of those sitting in my driveway!!! My lil B had their ******* in such a twist it took months for the one fellow to talk with a deep voice again!

HAI!! the **** Republic of Lake Towhship!!

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Did you get that thing at the auction lot in north Little Rock by a little airport?
That one's not far from me, I try to keep an eye on their sales. every once in a while something good goes through there.

-----------Robert

Freight_Train

Reaction score
Yep.Same one.Arkansas Nasty Guard truck.We hauled 5 trucks outta there that day.One for me and 4 for my buddy.We loaded 2 on a semi and sent the driver on and my buddy got a driver and hooked a parts truck to the rear via towbar and we were East bound and down.I got a feeling I will be back out there one day.Top notch rigs plus there are 2 I am waiting to see up for auction.One is a Long wheel base and the other has Power steering(yes,they had a kit for that).

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
If you find yourself out here grabbing some more goodies, give a holler. That's just down the road a piece. My wife runs a restaurant just a few miles from there, so we're in town fairly often. I've seen a lot of heavy equipment and chebby diesels go out of that lot in the last couple of years, but the chebby's have usually been pretty well canibalized before they get listed.

---------Robert