94 7.3l glow plug controller cover

Exhumis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone happen to have a spare one lying around I could buy off you? PO removed the one from my truck and like a clutz I was reattaching the air cleaner housing and it made contact with the gpc shorting it out in the process, would REALLY like to avoid that again in the future.

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been wondering is junkyards or maybe lmc truck or rockauto would have one mines missing as well

Exhumis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I've searched boneyards here, not alot of idi's where I live. Rockauto I didn't see it, still trying to figure out lmc website but if they have it I bet it costs more than my truck. I *might* bite the bullet and see if dealer has it. May try international as well. If I find it I'll report back.

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An old home depot bucket. (They're thicker than the new ones of any brand.) Or any similar plastic. (HDPE)

Heat gun. Drill. Simple saw or knife to cut and form...

Dude! It's under the air cleaner. No one is ever going to see it. You could pretty much just cut a chunk of the bucket, and tape, glue or rivet it to the bottom of the air cleaner as well.

Exhumis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man that's a great idea! I like the way you think. My truck has purple valve covers, I ain't worried about pretty.

riphip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use a Small piece of black pipe insulation to cover mine. Original cover kept falling off.

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An old home depot bucket. (They're thicker than the new ones of any brand.) Or any similar plastic. (HDPE)

Heat gun. Drill. Simple saw or knife to cut and form...

Dude! It's under the air cleaner. No one is ever going to see it. You could pretty much just cut a chunk of the bucket, and tape, glue or rivet it to the bottom of the air cleaner as well.

I see your view I'm a purest though want all original style parts still looking to buy a bowl for fuel filter so I can go back to that style the local autoparts stores have those available more the the no bowl style.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
still trying to figure out lmc website but if they have it I bet it costs more than my truck.
From a quick glance, It doesn't look like LMC has it either. They offer a new relay, but I didn't see a cover.

LowTech

Mech Wrangler
Reaction score
I see your view I'm a purest though want all original style parts still looking to buy a bowl for fuel filter so I can go back to that style the local autoparts stores have those available more the the no bowl style.
"Bowl" being the bottom part that comes off the filter? If so I may have one once I manage to get my filter off.

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Bowl" being the bottom part that comes off the filter? If so I may have one once I manage to get my filter off.

Yessir the original stock style had a bottom aka bowl spun on with a fuel hose for the water to drain out the psd style does not use a bowl, I may have to visit a junkyard bout 25 miles from me to see if they have any as well as see if I can find a parts truck.

LowTech

Mech Wrangler
Reaction score
Yessir the original stock style had a bottom aka bowl spun on with a fuel hose for the water to drain out the psd style does not use a bowl, I may have to visit a junkyard bout 25 miles from me to see if they have any as well as see if I can find a parts truck.
PM sent.