6.9 idi power steering pump bolt sizes?

Ianthomas59

Reaction score
Hi everyone, The PO of my 84 E350 attempted to swap the power steering pump and failed miserably lol. Anyways, I need to buy 3 replacement bolts that hold the pump onto the bracket. If anyone knows the size/thread that would be amazing.

Thanks!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Usually the sad story is the front accessory bolts are a special length and head so..My suggestion is find a wrecking yard and buy the bolts off a wrecked truck engine. Take a pulley removal tool because of the bolts behind the pulley. this is a not so easy place to work too. Never try to remove the pump pulley without this pulley removal tool.Grabbing on the outer rim of the pulley bends and ruins it..

Ianthomas59

Reaction score
Thanks IDIot. They were metric 10x1.25. I got 25mm length and cut them down for length. They worked!

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it threads into the actual engine block, the bolt will be standard. If it threads into a piece that Ford installed, then it will be metric. So bolts on the bracket and going to the pump will be metric, but the bolts that hold the bracket to the engine will be standard. Lovely system isn't it?

Ianthomas59

Reaction score
If it threads into the actual engine block, the bolt will be standard. If it threads into a piece that Ford installed, then it will be metric. So bolts on the bracket and going to the pump will be metric, but the bolts that hold the bracket to the engine will be standard. Lovely system isn't it?

This is good info. I started in the Jeep world years ago so used to the ridiculousness