2018 Texas IDI Meet

Where should we have the 2018 Texas IDI Meet?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

210Tumbleweed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And some beer...:yell:...but that's spoken for, at this point....

:peelout WHOOOOO- HOOOOO!!!
Sunshine an' Butterflies as far as me eye can seee!

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just paid for my reservation, I am in RV group A right next to the gun club. Looks like there is still tons of availability still;Sweet

corrado9184

Reaction score
Well i might actually be able to make it, looks like i may be delayed again for my departure to Antarctica, Sooo i may just see if i am free to come down that weekend.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Of cours I'll shoot for the moon! Hopefully fuel prices will be lower than they are right now. Wes, mapquest says that it's about a 13 1/2 hour trip for me to get to Bulverde, so it will be similar for any place around where you are at. What's that saying? GPS says arrival time is... All I see is "time to beat is...":Thumbs Up

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3 days till kick off! I’m definitely not ready...Looks like 60% chance of rain, gotten a few cancellation notices this week, who’s comin for sure? The way work is right now I may just come up for a daytime visit so I can keep making progress in the shop

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What? Now the organizer isn't going to be there much? That's just wrong!
I don’t think anyone else is jeremy LOL
As much fun as hidden falls is, it’s kinda too niche. Not everyone is into off-roading, and I think there was some concern for those who had 2wd trucks that didn’t want to show up and feel left out, or would have family there and wouldn’t feel like they had something for them to do, kinda cut a chunk of the group out if I’m reading between the lines correctly... I’ll try and organize something that has something to offer for a broader audience next year, gonna be going to the east coast rally next year, so I’m sure I’ll be stealing some ideas from them to improve our Texas rallies ;Sweet

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Well that certainly sucks!!! I suppose this means that I really didn't miss much after all.:( Here's a suggestion for next year, how about Big Bend? Would that be an option? I know it's a longer drive.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As someone who has been through this, I can tell you it is extremely difficult to find a location with something for everyone. Especially on a short gathering. It’s hard enough when you’ve got all week. Stick with it guys. You’ll figure it out. Remember, we “east coasters” are drawing on around 20 years of experience organizing this thing. Stick with it. You’ll figure out the formula that works best for you and the core group and build from there.

210Tumbleweed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trying to get the turbo back in the truck...fast as I can. Don't know which is worse the rain, or the chill. Might be down Friday night. Sorry folks gonna have to cancel on the PORK. Still hoping the weather will ease up and I can make it with the Smoker an' Brisket.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trying to get the turbo back in the truck...fast as I can. Don't know which is worse the rain, or the chill. Might be down Friday night. Sorry folks gonna have to cancel on the PORK. Still hoping the weather will ease up and I can make it with the Smoker an' Brisket.
Don’t push for it, I don’t think I will really have time to make it up there this weekend. You’re the only person to show interest so I’ll go ahead and make the call to call the event off, onto brainstorming for next year!