2018 Texas IDI Meet

Where should we have the 2018 Texas IDI Meet?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Roger that...Rowdy doesn't dig leashes; loves crowds. She's an attention hound, with aspirations to be a lap dog!!! I hope they're okay with a bb-que pit too...because I plan on rollin' some coals, and a hefty brisket (maybe two)...
Beverages? Are we voting on that too?
Pits are all good! I think brisket would be great, especially for throwing on some bread to have a snack on the trails. Beverages are up to y’all, bring what y’all like, I usually bring corona and some jack Daniels for jack-n-cokes. We processed a good amount of dried sausage and cook sausage this year so I’ll bring some of that out. We usually break up for meals, but if y’all want to organize a community lunch or dinner, say on Saturday, I think a pot luck would be fun.

210Tumbleweed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be voting fer.......Single Malt, three drops o' water and an ice cube (just one please). One shouldn't tinker much with perfection, at least not this one!

210Tumbleweed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW: If anyone wants to throw down some grub....I'd be up for a Saturday Pot Luck. Not sure how far a 20lb brisket (or two 12-15lb) will go...Can we get a show of hands?

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW: If anyone wants to throw down some grub....I'd be up for a Saturday Pot Luck. Not sure how far a 20lb brisket (or two 12-15lb) will go...Can we get a show of hands?
I’d say from the reservation count I’ve seen so far, and from past meets, it’s usually the 10-20 range, so I think a 20 pounder would be great or a pair of 15s. Ill be happy to pay for the second brisket if you get two, or half of a big one

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, we’ll bring some great sides and deserts for the potluck, I’ve put in a request for momma’s bacon jalapeño Mac and cheese for starters
-Drool

corrado9184

Reaction score
Wish I could make it down for the meet but ill be sitting down in Antarctica in November.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
If he's there for the Antarctic summer, then you know that he's not a vampire! Still way too cold for me!