Winter Meet?

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I have thought about doing something here in Ohio too...that way everyone can kind of meet in the middle. I didn't really know when or where to do it though as all the other things going on. If you all are interested in something like that, I can put something together like that. Hang around a hotel, etc. Wouldn't have much time to plan much else, but a relaxing weekend with a get together meal would be easy enough to do.

If that's something everyone would like to do, let me know. Also let me know where you'd like to do it! I don't want to step on anyone's toes either though, so if someone is set on doing it, I won't be offended, just another idea.

sootman73

Reaction score
something in like central ohio would be nice. that way us northerners wouldn't have to drive as far if we wanted to attend....

maybe columbus or surrounding area?

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
something in like central ohio would be nice. that way us northerners wouldn't have to drive as far if we wanted to attend....

maybe columbus or surrounding area?

Ok, I'll keep that in mind as others chime in. My thoughts were the Michigan/Indiana guys wouldn't have to drive to PA and the PA guys wouldn't have to drive to Michigan or Indiana either.

Just a thought, let's see where it goes.

Scott

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be willing to take the lead on this. I have a retired friend in Minerva I could lean on to make some recommendations for me.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I'd be willing to take the lead on this. I have a retired friend in Minerva I could lean on to make some recommendations for me.

Was thinking a little more middle of the state myself, but whatever everyone wants.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
The Columbus area would work for me if the funds allow it after Christmas. For me Columbus I think is about the same as going to far northern Indiana.......

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How far east can the normal attendee's get in an evenings drive? I can make the PA/OH line by maybe 11pm, but that's about it. It takes what.. 4 hours to cross ohio?
Takes me 6 or 7 to get to Minerva.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
the holiday party has always been an inside the hotel deal - well except when Chris runs down to the gay's store.... Just ask him - he can tell ya right where it's at....

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
How far east can the normal attendee's get in an evenings drive? I can make the PA/OH line by maybe 11pm, but that's about it. It takes what.. 4 hours to cross ohio?
Takes me 6 or 7 to get to Minerva.

You drive too slow! :rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao

Doesn't matter to me. I know for me to Darrin's is around 7-8 hours, depending on traffic. They not only cross Ohio, but most of Michigan as well, looking on the map, it's looks pretty close either way although I don't know exactly where you live.

Whatever works.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I don't care who is putting it together... I just need a time and place and if I'm off work I'm there.... I'll fed-ex myself if I have to - just someone open the box when I arrive....... It will be like one of them cake things where the girl in the skimpy outfit pops out of the cake.... cept it will be a fat man out of a box.... hee hee heee

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Mel,

Check around and see what you come up with. I'd be all for a western Pa meet, but if we need to go to Ohio, thats ok. Its still closer than Indiana.

John

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
I don't care who is putting it together... I just need a time and place and if I'm off work I'm there.... I'll fed-ex myself if I have to - just someone open the box when I arrive....... It will be like one of them cake things where the girl in the skimpy outfit pops out of the cake.... cept it will be a fat man out of a box.... hee hee heee

:rotflmao,,, ;Sweet

I'll open the box!

All it takes is for someone to step up and say, "I'll do it and we are having it here" Wherever that is, and I am sure it will work out fine. Eastern PA is about 5 hours away from us, same for Columbus. I have to say that we have been spoiled to have a 2 hour drive the last few years.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
:rotflmao,,, ;Sweet

I'll open the box!

All it takes is for someone to step up and say, "I'll do it and we are having it here" Wherever that is, and I am sure it will work out fine. Eastern PA is about 5 hours away from us, same for Columbus. I have to say that we have been spoiled to have a 2 hour drive the last few years.

Think Mel did that...well, other than the where or when...I guess I thought I did the same...oh well, live and learn I guess. I don't want to step on Travis's toes either.

Here ya go...Weekend of February 6,7,8 in central Ohio. Show me the interest and I'll start contacting hotels. I don't want to be IN Columbus, hate the place myself, but I'll find somewhere near it, most likely east of it a little.

Last edited:

sootman73

Reaction score
i'll see what the money department says and if ican get the truck up to long run condition. if not i guess i could drive my car but thats iffy on the long drive thing....

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
ya ain't gonna step on my toes - there is no grand pooba thing going on here with me - I like the people and like getting together with them - even that Ron guy with his blue fetish going on....

So it seems to me that Scott has announced the time and now we just need the place.