Winter Meet?

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm checking several places as we speak, making sure to have a pool, and a place we can have a carry in dinner type of get together.

Wish the college I work for was farther north, they have their own hotel, and give free access to the rec center at the college to anyone who stays as well as large banquet rooms.

I'll narrow it down then go check the places out. Looking for affordability as well. Will have a place in the next week or so picked out.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Scott,

Where is the college? It might be an option...... A bit farther drive and at a less cost to stay and better facilities, it might be worth it. I would rather drive an extra hour or 2 and stay less and have more fun, than drive an hour and be stuck in a "Dollar Inn"..... Not saying someone would choose a Dollar Inn, but you get the drift...... A less expensive hotel and a couple more bucks in the tank is not a bad thing.

I wish we could find a place like I know of in the Cinci Area. It is a little Mom and Pop type MOTEL, the all in a line outside the movie Cars kinda motel, that is Very nice and only 50 bucks a night, they do not have the type of facility we need, but you get the idea. I stayed there several times when Mary was still living in the area, the couple did everything, and kept an eye on everything......

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Nelsonville, Ohio - Hocking College. The hotel is known as th Inn at Hocking College. I put a bug in their ear to see what kind of deal they'll give me. They also have a culinary program there with great meals for decent money. Beth and I go there for breakfast quite often, 2 eggs, bacon or sausage, and toast for $2.95...etc. If they will give us a good deal, I'll post up about it.

It's also right on the bike path, which is a cool place to walk or whatever, 20 miles long, all rural, along the Hocking River, etc.

Anyway, I told them approximately 10 rooms and to make use of my employee rates, we'll see what they come up with.

Scott

It's about 60 miles south of Columbus.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ouch. That means it must be south of Chillicothe. No strait way to get there. I'll have to come up with an alternate and we can vote on it.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
No, it's as far from Chillicothe as it is Columbus, it's southeast of Columbus.

There is really no sense in voting, I've already started the ball rolling, if you want to have one have one, this one is a go, I'll adjust via Columbus area or Nelsonville based on consensus and pricing, etc. but the ball is rolling.

Attachments

• ohio-map.jpg
    ohio-map.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh well. Have at it then. I didn't realize you had grabbed the reins. I didn't see your post that said "I'd be glad to do this".

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Like I said earlier I know the dates I just need the address for Fed-ex.... Remember someone open the package it gets cold in a speedo....

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Like I said earlier I know the dates I just need the address for Fed-ex.... Remember someone open the package it gets cold in a speedo....

I promise, I'll open the box! :) I'll even feed ya before shipping you back! ;Sweet

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
I might still aim to have a small one here in NE Indiana if nobody minds and anybody is still interested in doing one at the same location as Travis did. If it steps on toes for the OH one then forget I ever mentioned it.... I was figuring that we could make it this year. I am about 20 miles or less from the location where they have been in the past in Angola....

Hoss....

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
how bouts we start a new post with the dates and location since it is burried in this thread.

seems like everyone is ichin to get out.

like it has been said plan it and they will come.
Ill drive damn near anywhere, have truck, have oil , will travel.
just look at the past events, they bring the locals, but they also bring people from a distance.
hell Ive been to westen OH, INdiana, and eastern PA so many times Ive lost count.
no big deal. like I said have truck will travel .

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
how bouts we start a new post with the dates and location since it is burried in this thread.

seems like everyone is ichin to get out.

like it has been said plan it and they will come.
Ill drive damn near anywhere, have truck, have oil , will travel.
just look at the past events, they bring the locals, but they also bring people from a distance.
hell Ive been to westen OH, INdiana, and eastern PA so many times Ive lost count.
no big deal. like I said have truck will travel .

Was thinking the same thing about a new thread.