WINDSHIELD WIPER QUESTION

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The last couple of times that I have had occassion to turn on my wipers, when they first start, they have been very sluggish.

After a couple of swipes, they will perk up a little and move along quite well.

Fast speed seems to be about half-speed for the first few swipes, before coming up to speed.

Have I got a bad connection, somewhere; or, is my wiper-motor telling me that it is going bad??

I seldom use the wipers; as, I keep the glass coated with RAIN-X (wonderful stuff, by the way).

I keep new blades on them.

Thanks.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
It sounds more like your motor is getting wore out very rarely do you see a bad connection that saps half power like that its usually all or nothin

EvergreenRanch

In Transition
Reaction score
there is a windshield wiper delay box (small black, about the size of two packs of cig's stacked) under your dash. dont know if this could be culprit in this case, but its another thing to think about.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EvergreenRanch said:
there is a windshield wiper delay box (small black, about the size of two packs of cig's stacked) under your dash. dont know if this could be culprit in this case, but its another thing to think about.

I have plain old wipers, no intermittent/adjustable stuff.

Will I still have this delay box??

Does it have something to do with cycling the wipers back to down position, when the switch is turned off??

Thanks.