What's the most you've seen an IDI powered CrewCab go for?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just curious what the most you guys have seen an IDI powered SRW Crew Cab 4x4 go for? One in the 89-90 range.
Mike
They don't sell as high in Kali as they do in the midwest. Then again, what one posts as the asking price is nowhere a true indication to the sale price. If you're looking at selling yours for as much as you can get for it, you are going to have to "go east". Out here, the sale price usually hits from 5500-7500 depending on condition and options. A couple of years back, I bagged a '93 F350 CC 4x4 for 3k. the bed was pretty hammered, so a newused bed in very good condition was painted and installed;Sweet

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I paid almost 10K for my 93' back in 2004. It was in excellent shape, and from the south. Probably more than I should have, but I was so happy to find it I didn't care. LOL Considering a new one is 5 times that much, I thought it was a bargain.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
bought the truck in my sig for 7500 after taxes and tags, took a car dealer friend that goes to auctions about 4-5 months to find a srw, diesel, 4x4, crew. little newer than what your askin but i wouldent think the price difference would be real dramatic.

they arent easy to come by around here, extended cab are much easier to find. i was serously contemplating a trip to Texas, seems they had allot down there on ebay.

Andrew M. Frankli

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought mine off ebay - flew to Texas

18 months ago I saw a 93 srw 4x4 IDI long bed F-350 on ebay. After several emails and phone calls, the seller sounded like a straight-up type of guy so I took the chance and flew from Chicago to Houston. Got there at 8:00 am and by noon I was on my way back home. I LOVE this truck. 225000 miles, absolutely NO rust. Average original condition - not messed with by a bunch of "owner/mechanics".
I paid $5000 for it and ended up rebuilding the trans ($2000). After looking at other trucks that have come up over the past year or so, I think I did pretty well at $7000 for one of the most beautiful pieces of machinery on the road.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Mike,

I just sold my 88 alittle over 2 months ago for $8000.00 in Maryland. I was asking 8500.00. Had bout 115,000 on the ticker. It's in my sig so you can see what it had on it but it was in pretty good shape. Those who've seen it can attest to that. Not perfect - interior was pretty beat but the exterior was very good. Here's a picture.

Attachments

• P9170001.JPG
    P9170001.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 9
  • P9170002.JPG
    P9170002.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 12

zigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A truck like that(not that you could ever find such a thing) up in these parts would easily sell for upwards of 13-15thousand!!

Zigg :)

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Truck Value

Mike

The value of the truck you're looking at is totally up to you. Some of us pay more for a truck because it is exactly what we're looking for.

More and more people are wanting to own diesel trucks these days. Unfortunately, the price of a new one is over the top for a lot of people. This is indirectly helping to increase the value of low mileage, good to excellent condition IDI's. Most new diesl owners don't care, or can't differentiate between, an IDI and Powerstroke. Also, a lot of sellers (read dealers) are a little misleading in not being specific because Powerstroke is a buzzword that people can identify with. So it sells.

Scott's truck (Apextrans) would have brought $11-12K in my neck of the woods because nice diesel trucks are all the rage in New Mexico. But it didn't in Maryland. I think part of that may be abundance of IDI's east of the Mississippi. There's a lot to be said about a truck of that vintage with no corrosion. Trucks from CA, AZ, NM, and TX are becomming more of a commodity. My 2WD crewcab that I traded on my new truck last summer re-sold for $10k with a new paintjob. It had NO corrosion on it anywhere. Spent it's whole life in the valley where I live in NM.

Another thing to keep in mind. Look for a truck that is as close to stock as possible. This will increase its value, but decrease your headaches in the future. If you can live with a supercab, this will make it a little cheaper too. Crewcabs bring top dollar these days. I have 2 '91 SC's that I've put a lot of time and money into. I estimate that they are probably worth around $9K each, but if they were crewcabs, all else being equal, you could probably add $2k to that.

Of course this is all under the assumption that you are looking to buy. I'll shutup now.

Tom

Runboy

Reaction score
Currently Antioch California - Soon heading to Cre
Truck Value

Tom, no need to shut up. I think it is great for us to keep a fresh pespective on what the current market is on our trucks.

I was just throwing this post up because I'm about to enter in to some real penny pinching times and was just curious what some of you thought a beast like below might bring if I end up in too tight of a pinch.

Mike

You must be registered for see images

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Mike

Very nice!;Sweet By looking at your sig, it looks like you've addressed what needs to be (tranny). Depending on miles and condition of interior, I'd start at $10K. If the it has 150,000 or less, interior is very good to excellent, everything works, and it's always been a CA truck (no rust), I'd look at closer to $12K. But that's just my opinion. Like I said, it depends on how bad the potential buyer wants it.:D

Tom

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mike

Very nice!;Sweet By looking at your sig, it looks like you've addressed what needs to be (tranny). Depending on miles and condition of interior, I'd start at $10K. If the it has 150,000 or less, interior is very good to excellent, everything works, and it's always been a CA truck (no rust), I'd look at closer to $12K. But that's just my opinion. Like I said, it depends on how bad the potential buyer wants it.:D

Tom
tom-
you are aware you can buy a 99-02PSD for that kind of money.
In Kali, our trucks aren't worth ****. There's plenty of newer iron going for low coin. The "keeping up with the Joneses" mentality in Kali kills resale of anything old except for collectors stuff. Even then, selling a rare american musclecar in Kali is often less than elsewhere in the countrycookoo
runboy-
your truck will sell better in the area where you're moving to. There's a stronger number of techno holdouts up in the hills who understands the reapairability of a mechanically injected diesel;Sweet

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Calvin

I know. I agree. Trucks here are insanely priced. For the most part, you may be able to get a first gen SD for that much if it has over 200,000 on the clock. I think another thing that adds to it's value is something you touched on briefly. There are literally superduty's, '94- present Dodges, and new Chevy's coming out of the woodwork here. A nice "vintage" Ford diesel is kinda like buying a '66 442. It's more valuable because it's NOT the more common GTO, Chevelle, Mustang, or Corvette, etc.

You know as well as I that most people have no idea that there was diesel (Ford) before Powerstroke. Now tell them how comparatively inexpensive they are to own and for the most part need no special tools, and in todays high tech automotive market that looks pretty good.

Tom

Runboy

Reaction score
Currently Antioch California - Soon heading to Cre
Value

I think that tom is right on the money. Even here in california. I bought mine over 2 years ago now and I remember them being 7K -8K with no turbo and pretty rough bodies. If it had a turbo, some wheels and tires, and some fly by night paint touch ups it was right at 10K.
I was able to get mine for $6500 with stock wheels, city slicker tires, and the a/c compressor in the back seat. The engine had been rebuilt by a previous owner with more reciepts than you can shake a stick at. It had approximately 10-11K on the engine when I bought it. Now it has about 65K on the engine. This thing takes me anywhere, anytime.
I also rebuilt the a/c, put wheels and tires, Custom shackle reverse lift, shocks, hoses, belts, steering box, alternator, single odyssee 2150 battery, fleetguard coolant, trans valve body kit, rebuilt steering knuckles with adjustable camber king pins, new front axle u-joints, brakes, brake booster, vacuum pump, Stacks, bronco plastic fuel tank ........
Man, I haven't been paying any attention to how much time and money Ive dumped in to this truck. cookoo
Well, I guess it's just part of enjoying your vehicle and I have always been in to working on stuff. To me that's part of the fun is dreaming up some project and then making it happen.
Mike

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tom-
you are aware you can buy a 99-02PSD for that kind of money.

Like my $8500 2000 CC dually:D
You must be registered for see images attach

Found alot of Superduty crew cab in that price range.