What's it worth?

82fordtruck

Reaction score
this truck has been up for sale for a long time now. It's exactly what I want, but it's more than I think it's worth. Like, twice as much. Do you guys agree?

This should have the 6.9 with t19 and a dana 60 front right? Which rear axle and transfer case are in it? What gear options came on this? I'm looking for a truck that's worth about as much as my 95 F250 with 460 and 4x4 so I don't have to cough up a whole lot extra money. I just want a diesel.

What should I offer him?

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
this truck has been up for sale for a long time now. It's exactly what I want, but it's more than I think it's worth. Like, twice as much. Do you guys agree?

This should have the 6.9 with t19 and a dana 60 front right? Which rear axle and transfer case are in it? What gear options came on this? I'm looking for a truck that's worth about as much as my 95 F250 with 460 and 4x4 so I don't have to cough up a whole lot extra money. I just want a diesel.

What should I offer him?

Kind of vague there dude! :)

What is the truck and price? Pics?

82fordtruck

Reaction score
I was thinking of offering 3. It would depend on what condition though. If the interior were very clean with a new engine and paint that isn't oxidized, I'd pay what he is asking, but I don't think it's that clean.

I've been trying to find a diesel regular cab 4x4 with a solid front axle, and it's very hard. these are all extended cabs or crew cabs. It seems like the regular cabs are all shredded by now......

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
for what he's asking it should be in MINT condition. i agree 3500 maybe 4000 tops if he has reciepts and the interior is nice and it's clean and dry underneath

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder how many miles are on the rebuild. For that price, it's the motor your paying for.

82fordtruck

Reaction score
I wonder how many miles are on the rebuild. For that price, it's the motor your paying for.

It looks pretty fresh to me, but rebuilt engines don't raise resale value too much, and resale value usually isn't dependent on investment. I sould know all aobut that after spending all that money on that 82 truck and then giving it away for $500.

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
5600 or whatever seems a bit high for that....... i think 3500 is all maybe 3k only..... as mentioned above....

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Mike

I've looked at that one a couple of times too. Fortunately for you, he'll never sell it at that price. Eventually he'll get tired of it not selling and take whatever is offered. I agree with the others, I'd give $3K for it. If the interior were very, very nice and it seemed to be well taken care of, I'd go $3500-$3750, maybe even $4K depending on how bad I wanted it. Buying vehicles from TX can be a toss-up...sometimes they're corrosion free and sometimes it's just the opposite if they come from the coast.

By-the-way, since it's a single cab F250, the front should be a TTB Dana 44, I believe a Sterling in the rear, don't remember which T-case.

Tom

82fordtruck

Reaction score
Mike

I've looked at that one a couple of times too. Fortunately for you, he'll never sell it at that price. Eventually he'll get tired of it not selling and take whatever is offered. I agree with the others, I'd give $3K for it. If the interior were very, very nice and it seemed to be well taken care of, I'd go $3500-$3750, maybe even $4K depending on how bad I wanted it. Buying vehicles from TX can be a toss-up...sometimes they're corrosion free and sometimes it's just the opposite if they come from the coast.

By-the-way, since it's a single cab F250, the front should be a TTB Dana 44, I believe a Sterling in the rear, don't remember which T-case.

Tom

It says F350. Does that mean dana 60?

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
$5600 for a well used '86??? Whats he been smokin'?
I'd have to agree, about $4000 tops, so what if it has a rebuilt engine, unless the thing comes with a transferable warranty with a whole bunch of time and miles left on it, it's still an'86 used truck as far as you're concerned.

I wish I had known that you were interested in that thing about 6 days ago. I was about 30 miles from there visiting my sister, I could have checked it out for you.

--------Robert

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
It says F350. Does that mean dana 60?

My mistake. If it's an F350, it should be a D60. However, the front-on picture in that add really looks like a TTB to me. Hard to tell. My guess is if it were an F350 with a D60, the front would sit a bit higher than that. Of course if he's a year off on his model year and it's an '85, then it could be a TTB D50. The straight axle D60 did not become standard until mid year 1985. Either way, the value discussed here would still apply.

Tom

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Around here it could sell for $4000 maybe $4500, but not much more than that. I cant really tell if its a TTB or not, but if its a TTB front end wouldnt that make it a Dana 50.