Whats it worth?

RSchanz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm considering selling my 6.9l and my RAM and buying a 7.3 F350 and then just some random little car for getting around town. I know prices are astronomical right now but I guess bear in mind I will sell two trucks and probably get more than I should for both. I'm starting to look into the market and figured ppl on here could give me an idea if this is reasonable or absolutely ridiculous. I know my area (Bay Area) has got to be the most expensive place to look also. The truck is super clean but this seems like a crap ton of money to me, is this really what the market is?

Last edited:

captain720

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well we got our 7.3 powerstroke 1996 F250 rust free for $4500, however that’s with 280k miles, broken 4wd, missing interior panels, and no maintenance history. We’ve just got it but so far it seems good. Based on what others are going for it seems like a good deal but too soon to say for sure.

RSchanz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good find! I'm definitely looking in the "excellent" condition range because this is going to be my only vehicle so I can't have it down for repairs often.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good find! I'm definitely looking in the "excellent" condition range because this is going to be my only vehicle so I can't have it down for repairs often.
The thing is, if you drive old vehicles exclusively like I do it's imparitive that you have multiples. Mechanical things don't last forever and there's always variables. My wife has 2 running vehicles and I have one, but while I'm driving my tow truck I'm going to be working on my dually and I'm already planning stuff that will need to be done to my tow truck when my dually comes on line. In all actuality, I have 5 vehicles, 3 are tagged and insured and 2 are in the wings waiting to come online so I can do matinance/repair/ upgrades to the others. That sounds crazy I'm sure, but I always have a running vehicle, I don't have a car payment, and when I'm not home my wife has a way to go no matter what.
And my vehicles are "excellent" because I make sure myself that they stay that way.

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
look for a vehicle outside of CA, even it you have to drive/fly in or ship it to where you are at in CA

a vehicle is worth whatever someone will pay for it.

RSchanz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The thing is, if you drive old vehicles exclusively like I do it's imparitive that you have multiples. Mechanical things don't last forever and there's always variables. My wife has 2 running vehicles and I have one, but while I'm driving my tow truck I'm going to be working on my dually and I'm already planning stuff that will need to be done to my tow truck when my dually comes on line. In all actuality, I have 5 vehicles, 3 are tagged and insured and 2 are in the wings waiting to come online so I can do matinance/repair/ upgrades to the others. That sounds crazy I'm sure, but I always have a running vehicle, I don't have a car payment, and when I'm not home my wife has a way to go no matter what.
And my vehicles are "excellent" because I make sure myself that they stay that way.

This is a good point and I think I'm being optimistic and foolish to think that by getting a 96 or 97 I'll be that much better off than an 86. I will say, that currently I don't have great space for working (no garage so having a 7.3 powerstroke would really open more doors for outside mechanics. It's hard to find someone around me that will work on a 6.9 (pretty similar so IDK why). The wife has a new car that will work so she's good. I guess what I'll have to do it sell the 6.9 and buy the 350 haha!

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought my 93 7 ish years ago for stupid money...
Insurance coverd it @
Like ? 20k?
I made out well.
I would need to check.
Todays +$75k base price new is dumb.
All I got