well this will divide the men from the boys

Boston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a reply from Bruce down at Stan's ( Email ) Headers early in our correspondence

Dan, I have no explanation why the header is hitting that, I am unable to make the tubes closer to the engine and I have never had them hit that. All I can do is check the header on the building fixture to make sure it fits or if you want to return the header I will do a return with no restocking fee, not including the shipping. I wish i had a simple answer but I have never seen the header hit right there.

The tubes don't need to be closer, they need to be farther away from the oil cooler. Not sure why that isn't clear yet but there seems to be every level of confusion as to what the problem is. I've got about two inches on the outside of the tubes and they hit on the inside. Whole thing is crazy, my bet is when I get the offending header back to them they will find its a E series and not an F series. Thing is I don't have any time till "maybe" friday before I can even think of getting to the post office.

Something tells me that Bruce is the guy I need on my team down there if I'm going to end up with headers on my truck or not. Word is they've made hundreds of these headers, OK, so make me a set, is about the only thing I can say at this point. Lets give them a chance to correct the error before jumping to conclusions. My bet is as stated, the error will be self evident once they get the part back.

but thanks for all the support, I'd be freaking out, not knowing what the hell went wrong if it weren't for you guys

Last edited:

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bet they are just built off a little, an e wont even fit IRC.

Boston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that was my first suggestion to them but they insisted that there tolerances are within hundredths of an inch.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most o ffthe time, it isnt gonna cost them anything to make it right.

Boston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no clue, but I do know I don't want a set of butchered headers. I just assume they figure it out and make me a new piece that works. Says something about being the best quality available sooooo, thats what I was kinda expecting. Needless to say, I got something a tad different and its seriously messing with not only my schedule but a few others as well.

schedules aside I just hope I"m not stuck with a set of bogus headers. Or having wasted a month trying to fit these things only to have to go back and buy the same 1k manifold system I just trashed off this beast.

Boston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK maybe not 1k but its going to cost me something to have to put it back the way it was. If thats the way it goes. that and one of the manifolds was cracked, so I'd need a new one of those as well as the pipes. GRRRRRRRR

Boston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thing is in the mail, they say it will be there by Monday, which means if it gets there at all :dunno it should arrive maybe by Wednesday :hail

now to wait and see if they can figure out there mistake :puke:

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I certainly hope this all turns out well for you. Some folk/companies can't ever admit they made a mistake or were wrong. Keeping my fingers crossed that Stan's Headers aren't in that category.;Sweet

Let us know what happens.

Heath

Boston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok talked to someone named Edd down there. He seemed to be about the most open minded about there being some issue on there end and said he'd check to see if I got the E series headers instead of the F series.

Fingers crossed

no telling when the US mail will, or if they will come through for me but assuming they do I should be getting a call sometime before say wed confirming the arrival of the header.

no big surprise they didn't arrive today eh.
good ole US mail.
yah can at least always count on them
in a twisted sorta way

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Well...when you get them, can you post some installed pix of them please? Also, can you tell me what size tube they are using?

SWS

Boston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tuesday 4:30 still no word, Post orifice says they shoulda arrived yesterday.

towtruckdave

Resident Nutcase
Reaction score
Did you get a tracking # Boston? :dunno

Did you circle the spot that hits with a grease crayon or something?

I also am waiting to see how Stan's resolves this issue. :backoff

Boston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yah I got a tracking number and yah I circled the spots with a grease pencil. Deal is, no the package hasn't arrived yet. Of course I do seem to remember mentioning something about it being a miracle if it arrived at all with the luck I"m having on this thing so far. My experience is the more it costs to send it the less likely it is to actually arrive.

cancelled my vacation plans today, no way,( assuming the US mail actually delivers the package I spent $60 to have delivered ) Stans is going to get those back to me by the beginning of next week, even if they did I'm not sure I could get it all back together in time.

1Turbo10

Reaction score
Snail Mail!! Big Mistake,they can't keep track of anything,even if they tried!