A list of questions while I'm into it this far

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New lift pump fixed it. It’s check valves were not checking. Fortunately I had the forethought to pick one up yesterday in town. It’s about a 45 minute round trip to any parts place from home. I used one of these to diagnose and double check everything.
You must be registered for see images attach

This is also what I use to bleed all the air out of the fuel system any time I open it up. The fitting on the end of the long hose was salvaged from a valve stem extension hose, but I’ve also used the end off of a can of fix-a-flat. Just screw it onto the schrader valve on the filter head. It’ll fill up an empty fuel filter pretty quickly and get all the air out up to that point. I also picked up replacement retainers for the fittings at the FSV because I new I would be removing it to check everything. I road tested it by taking my wife out for a burger. During dinner we decided that it made sense to swing by Home Depot and pick up 40 bags of mulch. I guess I know what I’m doing tomorrow.
Mighty Vac is very handy for a lot of things. Thanks for the tip on using it to pull fuel up to the filter.
Have fun with the mulch. And don't go tweaking your back like I did last weekend when running a shovel. :-(

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you got it sorted out. There is nothing worse than pulling the transmission from a vehicle you just put a motor in. I did that two weeks ago after putting in the wrong throw out bearing after an engine swap.