well this will divide the men from the boys

wmoguy

Reaction score
yah that thing had the original exhaust on it and I'd have had to redo it all anyway if I'd have gone turbo. So thinking I'd save money cookoo I went with headers. Brilliant move eh.

but seriously has anyone installed these before and if so what did you do to get a dipstick on it.

got it. Hindsights always 20/20 I guess!

Lemme know if you ever wanna get together. Phazertwo is in Denver and I'm on the front range. We get together from time to time to wrench, BS, blend WMO fuel, drink beer.

Boston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like fun

I'm in Denver, so let me get the beast running and then we can have say the first col. oil burners rally. Mostly beer and wrenching but ya blending up some of this veggie would be cool. I've got about 100 gallons settling now. Was going to do up about ten gallons at a time to help cut down the viscosity of the motor oil.

wmoguy

Reaction score
sounds like fun

I'm in Denver, so let me get the beast running and then we can have say the first col. oil burners rally. Mostly beer and wrenching but ya blending up some of this veggie would be cool. I've got about 100 gallons settling now. Was going to do up about ten gallons at a time to help cut down the viscosity of the motor oil.

Cool sounds good. I live in Severance. We can hit up Bruces Bar if you don't mind hangin around the scary biker goons that hang out there now'adays. Both Phazertwo and I burn strictly WMO cocktails.

Boston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no worries, but no idea where ole Bruce's is. I'll look it up. For now I've gotta either find a solution or just plug that dam hole.

There's gotta be a way tho.

cheers
and I pretty much drink pale ale, no waste oil for my these old bones.

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
So, I picked up a set of these used and put them on my bronco. Still have not run it yet and had to wonder how the power turned out on this one. I did not have an issue with the fitment yet. I have no Y-Pipe yet, but the pass side looks like it runs directly into the crossmember brace, so I may have to get an updated one. Still, as far as the dipstick goes, I pulled it from the pan, installed the headers, pushed it back between the tubes, ran the bolt back into the head/block and it fit just fine. I can get pix if you need, but really want to know how the power was after the install.

SWS

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i doubt you'll notice anything in the seat of your pants.
it's been well known for many years now,if you want real go power,you must start with a turbo kit,bare minimum for the n/a idi.

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Mine is not N/A. I have a supercharger on it, and think I am probably going to lose some PSI. I am working on building a new crossmember so it I will be able to run the 3" Y-Pipe off of the headers. I just was curious, since one primary is about as large as the entire outlet on the driver's side pinch point on the manifold. Then, the entire Y-pipe is mandral bent so it is truely 3" as opposed to the 2 1/4"ish that was on there. Not expecting stupid power, but it should be noticable I think. I saw his other post about his diesel that flys and is super loud, but have no idea if it is the same vehicle.

SWS

Black dawg

Reaction score
It would be interesting to play with a set. If the headers are built and sized correctly, some added fuel should make more power.
If they scavange like they are supposed to, you should be able to turn up the fuel some, with no added smoke or egt.

When I was younger I was around an old 6.9 truck that had headers and dual 2.5. It ran very good (comparable to my 390 truck) and sounded very good, and was 100% smoke free.

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
I like mine so far. The only problem I have is one of the pipes hits the frame on the pass side. Not too bad, just enough to knock off the paint. I have to figure out how to route them back under the hood for a turbo though.

SWS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online