well this will divide the men from the boys

Boston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got it back and haven't had time to check the fit. Gotta get it painted with the stove pipe paint ( supposed to be good to 1200°F ) Its not as nice as the first one, one of the welds isn't cleaned like all the others but if it fits I'll be happy with it. I'll keep you posted

Dan

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
I have that paint on my manifolds and exhaust. With mine hitting the 1100 and consistently in the 6-800 range, it is still not flaking/burning off.

SWS

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too would sure like to see pic's of the finished install. Seems like an excellent upgrade to me if it will all fit right.

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I won't even begin to rant about the issues I have with the USPS and their wonderful service.

Boston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK so here's the deal.

The new header fit, it was an unbearable pain to get in there but it fit like a glove once I did.

Its not as nice looking as the first one, has one obviously not polished weld on it but I'm less concerned about the aesthetics than function.

I was OK with the response I got from the employees at Stans but I think it was the owner who was pretty difficult. He basically didn't want to fix it or admit there must have been an error of some kind. Just wanted to return my money and be done with it. Really annoying. Talked over me in our conversations and basically had poor people skills is what most of my problem was. That and can I get a header that fits my stock truck please?

I've got some steering stuff to go and an exhaust system but then I'll be back on the road

only cost me one vacation and about 1k in shipping when I coulda just done it myself.

all in all a pretty dam annoying experience
not sure I'd do it again but if you want headers on this truck, from what I can gather, these guys are the only game in town

I was particularly unimpressed with there claim that once they fix it there's no guarantees. Way wrong, I bought the item with a full guarantee a thats exactly what I expect.

Anyway now lets see if they function properly.

thanks for following the trauma and I appreciate all the help
thanks again to all

Dan

Black dawg

Reaction score
I have been considering a set for my truck, I will build them myself before I deal with people like that, sound like really neat people to deal with.

Boston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I did buy from them again I'd be careful about trying to schedule anything around it. This truck was supposed to be done weeks ago and its cost me quite a bit not to have it running. Course now that my wood orders are on the road and vacations shot it doesn't really mater when its done other than as a commuter.

Anyway things are progressing now that I know the new header fits. Shouldn't be long now

OK steering replacement question, gotta go through this thing and see about pitman arms, placement, is there a key, do I need to mark this old one before I take it off, do I need to adjust the new gear box, stuff like that. Might be a new thread on that depends what I find in here, any suggestions ?

bd bd bd thats all folks

B

biggin92

Yeeeee Haaawwww
Reaction score
When you replace the pitman arm there are 4 different positions it will go on , make sure your wheels are straight when you take the old on off , then put the new one on in the same position , which should be straight forward. you do not need to adjust the steering box either.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I forwarded this thread to one of the owners racing buddies that has been using his stuff since birth, I will let us all know if anything comes of it.
I never had bad customer service when I dealt with them 10 yrs ago.

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score

Errrrr...that is a listing for a new tail gate.

Glad it got done there Boston. There are bound to be some screw ups, and I think if you were a little more persistant you could have gotten a bit further with Stans...Not saying you should have had to, but ya know. Anyway, waiting on pix. Glad it got back on the road.

SWS