well this will divide the men from the boys

Boston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no I sent it express or next day or something like that, Mailed it on friday, they said it should be there monday, naturally its long past Wednesday and its still not there. Probably won't be till sometime next week if at all given how my luck with these people is running.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate the USPS. I use them as little as possible and try my best to not have anything shipped to me by them ever. They SUCK! Good luck The headers look nice, too bad they are hitting. I'm guessing they screwed up a weld or their fixture was slightly off. Tolerancing adds up quick when things are slightly off.

Good Luck and please keep us posted.

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
I looked at their site and the difference in the van and truck headers is a TON. You can see the difference in them just by looking at the pic. There should be a way to tell if they fixtrue was offf. I would be willing to bet that is the case.

SWS

Boston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thursday and still no package, I'm going to have to take some time off work tomorrow and go to the post orifice for a refund and to find out where that package is.

Nice call on looking up the two headers, I'll go look at them now, thanks

Boston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
interesting
OK If you go back to page two of this thread you can see the picture of the header and where it hits, looks to me like it was made wrong. the tupes coming out off the flange are short. Which would explain everything.

Jig or no jig someone goofed up these headers

now if the ole US postal service would just get its head out of its but I might be able to get this resolved.

wmoguy

Reaction score
Good luck getting a refund from the USPS. Lol

Fun tidbit. The USPS shoots for a 98% delivery rate. That means they hope to deliver 98% of the mail to the correct address on time. Sounds good right?
Hopefully yours wasn't one of the 2% or 197304 pieces of mail they can lose per day and still maintain their 98% accuracy rate. Lol

Boston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the moment that ******* thing didn't fit I knew it was going to turn into a complete disaster fast, I got a run of materials I'm supposed to make with that truck and that was the first cancelation I had to make, the one right before my vacation plans. Perfect eh.

And now the post orifice is doing its thing

this is really ******* me off

Boston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK it got there sometime yesterday, probably late cause they were supposed to call soon as it arrived. They tell me it fits the jig but that they will modify it however I want, after which no guarantees. At one point it went from fits the jig fine to its a little off but we've fit hundreds of these without ever having a problem. I was happy with the we'll fix it and send it back part so I didn't really want to mention that countless guys who actually work on these engines regularly have all agreed I have a stock engine with stock components. While I'm thrilled there going to fix it I'm still a bit baffled as to whats up with it not fitting in the first place. I'd have loved to be a fly on the wall when they stuck it on the jig.

Anyway although I'm pretty dam inconvenienced they are apparently going to get a fitting header back to me sometime next week. For which I am grateful

I suppose I should also be pretty happy that although 3~4 days late the US postal service was nice enough to deliver my package.

So far so good
torturously slow progress, but progress

basically this means that this weekend I can assemble the opposite side and at least get all that buttoned up

Thanks for all the help guys
more likely than not made a big difference as to how this whole thing turned out

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Yeah...X2 on that.

Also, USPS screwed up a pair of boost gauges that I purchased from a member another site. Got them almost a week after it was sent, after checking the TN, it showed that it was improperly delivered or misdeliverd somwhere in KS. I got them, and one reads 30'' of vac and is against the needle stop, and the other is 8ish PSI. This is not hooked up. Just sitting in the nothing. Took the one that reads 30" apart and found that it had been hit so hard that it knocked the plastic connector that attaches the needle to the spring out of its connector. It is still off a bit, but I can fix that later. I was pissed at UPS because they charge people who ship to me "rural" charges. You can almost SEE KCMO from where I am so Im not sure about this rural charge. But...after getting this set up, I may spend more money with them.

SWS

Boston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got it back and haven't had time to check the fit. Gotta get it painted with the stove pipe paint ( supposed to be good to 1200°F ) Its not as nice as the first one, one of the welds isn't cleaned like all the others but if it fits I'll be happy with it. I'll keep you posted

Dan