used 7.3 studs?

gingrass179

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys i got some 7.3 studs and since im going to the 6.9 i wont be needing these...what would you guys pay for a used set of studs?

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont think they are 12 point.
Maybe so but the 12 point nuts almost double the price. arp used to be proud of them

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Over torque does NOT mean a better seal...it can actually hamper things.

These are designed for a particular torque load to reach a point of stretch and going beyond that can unknowingly damage the stud.

Just sayin!

And always use ARP lube to properly get torque readings!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I feel I need to add something to this last post about torque values.. I feel we should not make comments that end in... "Or something like that" when we are refering to a specific value. Also ARP sells two differant sets of studs for our 7.3 engine so you need to know what set you have. One is a designed set and the other is a longer set that works ok so make sure what you have. There is no clamping differance between the 6 and 12 point nuts either. Its just a look and a better connection to the wrench or socket on the nut. When I was up talking to the engineers at ARP we decided that 110 lbs was the torque required for the 7.3 engines. I trust them to know the differance in what people heard and what is needed. They designed them after all. Another point about torque is have your torque wrench calibrated ay least once a year. Then you will know its correct. Why guess its ok. Ask around this forum where to have the wrench calibrated too. Its not expensive but it takes some time. Is there a way to prove what studs you have for sale. I ask this because there are some fakes out there too. I don't believe ARP stamps their name on them but could be wrong bout that.. The price quoted in this thread is a fair price too.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel I need to add something to this last post about torque values.. I feel we should not make comments that end in... "Or something like that" when we are refering to a specific value. Also ARP sells two differant sets of studs for our 7.3 engine so you need to know what set you have. One is a designed set and the other is a longer set that works ok so make sure what you have. There is no clamping differance between the 6 and 12 point nuts either. Its just a look and a better connection to the wrench or socket on the nut. When I was up talking to the engineers at ARP we decided that 110 lbs was the torque required for the 7.3 engines. I trust them to know the differance in what people heard and what is needed. They designed them after all. Another point about torque is have your torque wrench calibrated ay least once a year. Then you will know its correct. Why guess its ok. Ask around this forum where to have the wrench calibrated too. Its not expensive but it takes some time. Is there a way to prove what studs you have for sale. I ask this because there are some fakes out there too. I don't believe ARP stamps their name on them but could be wrong bout that.. The price quoted in this thread is a fair price too.

In my previous post, I was not exactly sure about the torque specs, which is why I said what I did, so others could correct me if I was wrong. I could not find the stud torque specs on the internet either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online