Unfortunately it happened :(

pafixitman

Reaction score
Most of the "older" members on here used to be on TDS...I'd say just about anyone with a join date before 2007 or '08 or so. There was a LOT of bad blood at the time...we saw the TDS admins as treating the IDI group like unwanted stepchildren (we weren't giving the sponsors as much business as the PSD guys were, because the sponsors were all PSD performance shops); they thought that we were traitors when we migrated over here. It's been a solid decade since things really went down; I'm surprised there are anyone at STD who still remember that. On the other hand, I haven't forgotten some of the things that R&D said about members on here and still refuse to give him my business, so I suppose I'm no better than they are :D

that is why we are / were known as basement dwellers... Amazing how I can forget so much and yet remember ^^^^

Oh well...I have added nothing to this post so I will go back to work! :D

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most of the "older" members on here used to be on TDS...I'd say just about anyone with a join date before 2007 or '08 or so. There was a LOT of bad blood at the time...we saw the TDS admins as treating the IDI group like unwanted stepchildren (we weren't giving the sponsors as much business as the PSD guys were, because the sponsors were all PSD performance shops); they thought that we were traitors when we migrated over here. It's been a solid decade since things really went down; I'm surprised there are anyone at STD who still remember that. On the other hand, I haven't forgotten some of the things that R&D said about members on here and still refuse to give him my business, so I suppose I'm no better than they are :D

the guy @ R&D has seemed to realize that **** talking don't get no where.
he has closed his mouth and opened his ears more.
he does have products that CDI does not sell, and ill give him that business.
only because it seems like he is trying to better himself.
when it comes to pumps and injectors, its CDI and Russ all the way.
now if Mel carried things like ceramic coated pistons and stud girdles, he would have more of my $$$

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
greg, go finish your coffee LOL

I wasn't not recommending him lol just I've never personaly delt with him but I didn't say he was a bad guy I've heard great things just Mel is always on the fourm and is really helpful so that's why I said I would go with him.its just my preference lol sorry if yall took it like I was talkin bad about him

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Black dawg

Reaction score
Why do threads that have anything to do with pump and injectors turn into this guy vs that guy BS.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do threads that have anything to do with pump and injectors turn into this guy vs that guy BS.

Maybe cause some cannot or will not stop it.

I support both IP builders and think both are ok...

Just saying Mel and Justin are both decent guys in my mind...

I have made mistakes and am sure peeps figure I am an azzhat...that doesnt change that maybe I learned from the mistakes...

The_88_lariat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what I have gathered from this is that I should scrap my truck because everyone sucks and no one makes a good product

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
And it'll start all over next time a member asks where to buy injectors are a pump.
I don't know what he did(Justin) before my time here but let's forgive and forget already ;Sweet
We all say dumb Sh+* stuff "we" think is a joke but really just upsets everyone. I've done it many a time here guess it just my poor tast at making a joke :dunno

The_88_lariat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mean this is my first idi I was just looking for some advice on injector mister moose injectors are to expensive. But I'm between Delphi bb code or R&D stock injectors. I am looking for stock the truck is stock I don't need bigger injectors all I wanted was to be pointed in the right direction.

Black dawg

Reaction score
I mean this is my first idi I was just looking for some advice on injector mister moose injectors are to expensive. But I'm between Delphi bb code or R&D stock injectors. I am looking for stock the truck is stock I don't need bigger injectors all I wanted was to be pointed in the right direction.

If you can find some new delphi BB codes, they should do good for you, Or any of the stanadyne new injectors that are available.

rwk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am new to IDI also as stated earlier in post, we have a stock truck that just needed to get running, (known injection pump failure), we went CDI just because of support and knowledge of the IDI, and injection pump was only problem that I was ignorant about, and didnt want to do it over/have problems, we spent a a little more but it was a small percent of overall cost, truck now runs and I know this problem fixed for a long time, and I have a warranty.
rwk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigal093

Members online