turbo needs rebuilding

giezy

Reaction score
had the truck apart to do my valve cover gaskets, and took the rest ofthe pluming off to clean it and confermed what i thought the shaft is got lots of play in it but hasn t touched any thing i can see.

it has a te06h on it if the shaft is got play it should go to a turbo rebuild guy yes?

is there anything i can do to it to get better perfomance out of it and bump up the boost?

was thinking of getting the exhaust side and the down tube ext ceramic coated

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That turbo is very hard to get parts for. I do turbos and that is a Mitsubishi, they dont give very good support unlessy ou have current part numbers, but Banks will sell you a new one for many hundreds.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Contact a company called Forced Performance, they deal in custom building Mitsubishi turbochargers. Most of their stuff are frankenturbos but they might be able to help you.

giezy

Reaction score
is there a turboi can install in its place that wouldnt be to much work to get hooked up with out too much down time (need the truck big this summer)

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Depends on what all banks did to it. Did you check out that company? Forced Performance deals with solely 90% mitsubishi turbos. Heck they might even make a custom one that would bolt right up with a bigger compressor and exhaust turbine.