Tinted headlights

7.3_IDI_guy

Currently ******'
Reaction score
Alot of you younger folks might appricate this lol. Kids like me these days cookoo I taped the chrome on the headlights up and masked off the fenders, hood, and bumper. Then I sprayed it with VHT Nite Shades paint. It looks real good and it set the front of the truck off. What ya'll think?

Attachments

• tintedheads.JPG
    tintedheads.JPG
    224.6 KB · Views: 58

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im younger and i think that stuff looks like crap it just scratches and peals off all my buddies use it and the reapply weekly but the stuff pros use coats evener and looks better over time now that looks good

btw make sure its legal down there on headlights here youll get busted big time

7.3_IDI_guy

Currently ******'
Reaction score
yeah its leagal... done checked. And I used run one of my old F150s through the woods alot because I **** hunt. It had tinted tail lights and headlights and it never scratched or peeled. Sounds like your buddy didn't clean the lens up good before he started sprayin :dunno

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wouldnt dout it but hes in woods daily too and beats that truck like mad

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
That doesn't look bad, but I thought it would be more glossy. I always wanted to try that stuff when I had my 2000 mustang, it was pretty popular with that crowd. I dont imagine the light output is affected too much. I had a 95 F-150 and bought those full blackout covers that fit over the entire light assembly. At night I could see well enough to drive but they did make a noticable difference. I went to visit a freind in another town and he told me to remove them or I'd get pulled over. We didn't even get to the end of the street before I got pulled over. Thankfully they snapped on so I just popped them off and he let me go without a citation.

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if ya bump yer headlight wattage, its counter acted. 100/130's are $25-30 a set.....

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Granddaughter bought a car with that crap on the taillights, got pulled over and a citation for to dim of lights, had to remove that stuff then go to the Sheriff and prove it was removed.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I plan on doing this to mine soon too:D

Hey dustin you need to make amy buy you a turbo and a moose pump after yall get marriedLOL

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I had a set of headlight covers on my 1999 Silverado. After spending $4000 on the engine and the rest of the driveline, I couldn't justify spending another $600 on aftermarket projection headlights.

So I got a set of snap on headlight covers, and drilled a couple 2 1/2 inch holes right where the focus of the headlight beam was. I painted them white on the front to match the body color of the truck, and black on the inside to make sure no light got out of the holes and stuck them on. They looked BAD ASS, but some ******** in the next town over was throwing snowballs at cars one snowy night, and managed to smash the passenger side light cover all to ****....I never bothered getting another set at $150 for it to happen again.

1Turbo10

Reaction score
When night shades first came out I used to sell a crap load of it. The stuff works great but the trick is that you are supposed to spray it on the back side of the lens,not the outside. Take everything apart,clean well and only spray a very light cote,when you do it that way it causes a shadow affect, yet lights are almost unaffected!!

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Yea....problem...you bump up the headlight wattage your going to need a good fire bottle.....The stock setup already burns up the wiring harness and headlight switch.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726