The New NMB2 build is alive

Status
Not open for further replies.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
i feel that my truck seems to be happier if i drive in a more spirited manner.:sly

my truck is really likeing this cold weather:angel:. the seat of the pants dyno can tell a big difference.:sly

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh yah , put this on me!!!
Actually I just spoke with him and they are going for another test run, Ken suggested to run it at low boost for a while to not over pressure the rings, as did HAstings. I can agree with that from using rings way over their design parameter.
I told him to watch the temps carefully , that is the most important in my book, and oil pressure obviously.

When I was working in Anchorage the diesel shop dyno operator ran any engine for 1 hour no or light load, when up to temp, 2 hours of low to full loads and everything in between, then 1/2 hr at full load. So that is kinda what I go by also.
he's on the right track about getting the rings to seat but not blown out especially on the pressures he's running.
as far as an alaska break-in, those temp extremes will have nasty effects on a motor, so whatever they can do in a controlled environment ahead of time, it's a good thing;Sweet

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You bet, I'll ask him when I go back home in a few weeks. He's a really nice guy. What I'd like to do is video tape him or something because he goes off rambling about stuff he did to the injection pump and his custom propane kit, and he talks so fast you just stand there in disbelief. lol

Ya please do that. It would be perfect and you could even post the tape if he was cool with it... :thumbsup:

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
That IDI has a cackle that is just unmatched, sounds really good!! I'd put it in a light weight 80-86 short bed step side to really show it off when he's done. NMB2 has delivered. Best of luck dude.;Sweet:cheers:

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been following his build sense he started it over on PSN. It's very impressing gotta give the guy props for what he's done. That thing just sounds wicked too!:eek: even if it doesn't make 500hp it's still gonna be more powerful than your average idi and props for trying it..The real question tho is how long will the engine last??
The part I'm really interested in is his cam specs and the precup work...really thinking about dropping the cash for a cam...

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might as well just had audio. Couldnt see CHIT

True but you could see the lights fly by pretty quick even upon acceleration. :sly

And flareside, I don't think it was that outa whack. It was just a bit out. If it was really bad, I would think it would had a harder time starting.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
He said he had already adjusted it prior to starting it for the video originally posted here. Being this is a fresh build, timing marks should have been dead on.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Being this is a fresh build, timing marks should have been dead on.

Not necessarily correct. The timing marks placed by the factory are for that particular pump . Once replaced, the original timing mark on the gear cover is merely a reference point for future pump installs.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He lined up the pump timing marks for sure but can't you adjust the timing more than that? On the pump itself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle