Status of Mr. Bill

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
Mr Bill,
Very sorry to hear about your illness and troubles. I'm at a loss for words of what to say, except I wish you all the luck that can possibly be wished! I truly do!!

Your family is the most important thing for you, and you for them. Be there for them and they'll be there for you.

A person can take much, much more than they ever imagined, but that's little help when the days get the darkest, spirits get really down, the drive to keep going wanes, and you wonder "why?"

I'm very new to this forum, and I don't know you. But I must say, of all the places I've been on other chats & forums in several subjects, this is one of the most informative, helpful, and productive places. Folks here have been extremely courteous, thoughtful, and go out of their way to share thoughts and ideas. I sense a strong bond, a sense of "Family," a sense of caring among all the members, especially the older founding ones. This "family" is an "alright bunch!"

So when I read various posts about "Mr Bill" posted from this bunch, I know you're an "alright guy!" You're very well thought of, thought about, and are kept in everyones prayers. You and yours are in mine!

Just know that as we all struggle for words of encourgement for you and yours, the right words always seem to illude our grasp. But our words are from the bottom of our hearts, our deepest intermost feelings, and are our most sincere! I for one, sometimes wish there was a way to take part of the burden, to lighten the load from others in difficluty.

So Mr Bill, hang tough! Hang tough, Mr Bill!!

James

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got a letter from **** Cutting, over at TDS, wacking my *** *** for cross posting about Bill in the 6.9/7.3 forums. I was threatened with account deletion if I do it again. Here is what I wrote back.

There is a time and a place for rules. A man's life hangs in the balance here. If TDS has become so blind as to it's usefulness for the good of mankind, then the loss of my access to the board is inconsequential compared with the damage TDS is doing to the community it has nourished and which in turn has made it successful. The IDI community at TDS is difficult to reach in it's entirety because the 6.9 and 7.3 boards are separate, when in fact they should be one. We have said this for years, and nobody at TDS cares. The only thing TDS cares about now in the IDI forums, is seeing what harm can be done to an otherwise peaceful and tranquil community. I don't cross post technical things, and out of the 14,000+ posts I have, this is the first time I feel very strongly that violating the rules to benefit a man is not only necessary, but warranted. I realize you are only enforcing the rules you were asked to enforce, and I have no issue with you doing that. Merry Christmas. - Mel

pafixitman

Reaction score
I don't know how Pete stays over there. Let them ban you, the rest of us should just put the whole site on our ignore list! I cruise the site, but get frustrated because if they only let us have the FAQ /tech section half the questions would never be asked.

Can't get too upset because TDS is where I met most of you misfits! :rotflmao

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pafixitman said:
Can't get too upset because TDS is where I met most of you misfits! :rotflmao

gee thanx! :backoff note to self,take him off the christmas card list. :rotflmao :rotflmao

i hope the best for mr bill.hope he has a speedy recovery.get well soon Mr.Bill!!!!

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
This is really a shame, but it only confirms my decision to leave a long time ago. I have nothing even close to the time investment you have over there Mel, so I understand your desire to stick around and fight the good fight. At the same time though, how many of your 14k posts do you think could actually be referenced now? About 1k maybe? It’s interesting because it really feels like they want to drive the basement off the forum, because of the # of posts to dollars generated ratio. But as was mentioned previously, since they won’t do tech articles, the same question gets asked over and over. In my mind it has become the Wal-Mart of diesel message boards.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
any new news on the Old Buzzard Bill?Hope the treatments have started and are already showing good progress.

As for Lester the Jester,Go over there and just type Oilburners in a message.No .com or anything,Just like your talking about owning "Oilburners".It gets Censored instantly.Anything with oilburners gets the [censored] thingy.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agnem said:
Got a letter from **** Cutting, over at TDS, wacking my *** *** for cross posting about Bill in the 6.9/7.3 forums. I was threatened with account deletion if I do it again. Here is what I wrote back.

There is a time and a place for rules. A man's life hangs in the balance here. If TDS has become so blind as to it's usefulness for the good of mankind, then the loss of my access to the board is inconsequential compared with the damage TDS is doing to the community it has nourished and which in turn has made it successful. The IDI community at TDS is difficult to reach in it's entirety because the 6.9 and 7.3 boards are separate, when in fact they should be one. We have said this for years, and nobody at TDS cares. The only thing TDS cares about now in the IDI forums, is seeing what harm can be done to an otherwise peaceful and tranquil community. I don't cross post technical things, and out of the 14,000+ posts I have, this is the first time I feel very strongly that violating the rules to benefit a man is not only necessary, but warranted. I realize you are only enforcing the rules you were asked to enforce, and I have no issue with you doing that. Merry Christmas. - Mel
mel-
you sure know how to tell him....... ;Sweet any response from ****? Guess you will be the first basement dweller to get banned by JL's minions if he holds firm to his words. :Sly

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't get a reply. I wasn't expecting one. No doubt I'm on "the list" of troublemakers now. Kinda like when Hulk Hogan went bad. LOL

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Agnem said:
I didn't get a reply. I wasn't expecting one. No doubt I'm on "the list" of troublemakers now. Kinda like when Hulk Hogan went bad. LOL

Welcome to the "Black list".Here,I saved you a seat.I ain't far from the boot but I got AOHELL so I will just start a new screen name and a new log on and start my stuff over again.I really HATE TDS!

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Freight_Train said:
Welcome to the "Black list".Here,I saved you a seat.I ain't far from the boot but I got AOHELL so I will just start a new screen name and a new log on and start my stuff over again.I really HATE TDS!

i think im on the list also.plus my alter ego got banned within a few hours of signing up.i guess since i also have aol i should just keep resigning using that name :rotflmao

Exekiel69

Reaction score
First post did not got in :mad: .

Mr. Bill my respects and hoppe you get well on time, also want to meet you at any meeting if possible, everybody talk very good about you and your knowledge.

Freight_Train said:
any new news on the Old Buzzard Bill?Hope the treatments have started and are already showing good progress.

As for Lester the Jester,Go over there and just type Oilburners in a message.No .com or anything,Just like your talking about owning "Oilburners".It gets Censored instantly.Anything with oilburners gets the [censored] thingy.

Now you freight, I have follow some of your posts and yes they censored some parts on them. They (tds) have not censored any of mine or banned me at any time, maybe bc I dont post as much as some of you. Now my wath good is a forum about trucks if you can't get a link to buy parts to work on your web server? cookoo

I have read wath they said to some of you and honestly as for me they can go "f t s" -cuss. This site works very good so far, too bad guys like Pete have not joined yet he's been so helpfull to me :hail , maybe some day.

For now to all who got here on time, cheers. :drunk:

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Hang in there as tough as the IDI's Mr.Bill ;Sweet
Even tho I'm a "darksider" now....I enjoyed and learned from your knowledge.

Mel...it pains me to see someone of your stature in the basement treated in that manner....

It just shows the blind ignorance for the almighty dollar Darth lester has surrounded himself with.

I could see them strong arming someone with my acid tongue...and be justified......BUT what Dickie boy did to you and the IDI crew is just uncalled for.

perhaps a mass download of the remaining IDI archives that represent many years and untold sweat and brain wracking and with Tony's permission, start a library here.

Hell, most of that info was garnered from the many here now ;Sweet

Mebee offering Jason and co. a broom handle and a fistful of vaseline is too subtle :rotflmao

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exekiel69 said:
This site works very good so far, too bad guys like Pete have not joined yet he's been so helpfull to me :hail , maybe some day.
I talked with Pete over E-mail shortly after the migration, and I asked him why he didn't come over here. His response was that he felt that everyone who was here on OB were veterans, and that his mission is really to help newbies wherever possible...and, as a result, his usefulness would be limited here and that he would be better off staying there.

I suppose he may have changed his mind since then, but he still isn't over here, so I imagine not. I know that I for one would love to see him over here.

On the original topic...I haven't said anything to date partially because I don't know Mr. Bill as well as some of you do and partially because for some reason I'm never able to handle these things very well. But, I sincerely hope that things improve...he's a good man and I know we're all pulling for him.

BTW, IMHO the autolite that Mel's dealing with on TDS is absolutely ridiculous...stuff like that makes me want to demand that my screen name and all posts on TDS get deleted. I only stop myself because I suppose some of the archived posts may be helping people (if they can ever find them)...

soulpatchfr

goat herder
Reaction score
well, I think i'm funny, anyway...

i just replied to a thread Scott started over @ STD before i saw him here...

check out my latest post here . i wonder if **** or anyone else will be scratching there heads a bit, or even get the joke? (the 'cross post' was the one over here @ OB)

Mr. Bill:
we haven't met, but let me finally step into the conversation & send you my sincerest best wishes for you and yours ;Sweet . i don't know that i can say anything more (or better) than has already been said, so i'll keep it to "May The Force Be With You"
i too have learned much from your posts over the last few years, and enjoyed the many shared stories & photos of this fine community - even when i was a wee lurker for the first year.

Get back in the driver's seat soon!