Status of Mr. Bill

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some of you may or may not have heard that Mr. Bill, the legendary upholder of IDI testament has been striken again with an illness. Besides his bad heart, which has sidelined him on many adventures, he is now dealing with the aftermath of a serious e-coli blood infection (which he was told is very rare, but deadly), and survived a lenghty hospital stay which included bouts of high fever and delerium, with an IV attached feeding him antiboitics for over a week. In the course of addressing the e-coli infection, they found tumors on his liver, the tests of which are yet to be analyzed. Not to be kept down by all this, he has been released from the hospital and has bought a pontoon boat. He's waiting for his strength to return, which may take several months, and in the meantime he is periodically starting his truck just to keep it oiled up. Like the IDI, Mr. Bill just seems to keep going, no matter how bad a shape he may be in.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mel-
thanks for the update. Its good to hear nothing can keep him down. ;Sweet I'll be keeping him in my thoughts and prayers.

Full Monte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't believe that tough old bird is buying a pontoon boat! What a guy! He's an inspiration to me! I vote that we have an official IDI fishin' trip with Mr. Bill when he's able and willing!

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
It's sad to hear that he is still having health issues but good to hear that he is up and moving around a bit.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Good for Mr. Bill :thumbsup: and thank you Mel for taking the time fo find out about he's condition.

WILLD

Reaction score
Good luck with the fight, don't give up.

I fought the big C last year so I can relate. I'm probably 30 years younger, but age is more in the mind than in the body.

Let us know if you need something.

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Hey Guys
Thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers.
I will be cleaning out much of my spare parts and will try to put a list of parts that may help you guys soon. (a big yard sale will be in order soon)As far as an update I will try to sit down and write something up with more detail to send to mel to edit( as my editor in chief he does a great job of interpreting my amateur scribblings ) I plan to make kind of a blanket up date as there are so many friends-old customers etc on many different sites to keep informed.
I have had a busy week at the hospitals-the tumors are malignent.
And I find my self with many things to accomplish and not enough time to do it all. A lot has happened and your prayers will be greatly appreciated. The DRs are busy working on my schedule and I plan to have a lot of idle time to post some old pics etc on the site,during my treatments.
GOD Bless and Love you all Mr Bill & Debi

PS Debi and I are planning to go to the next Rally in Tenn, God permitting - so we will need a camping site.I have not been on the site much so will need to know who to contact.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mr. bill-
thanks for the update! ;Sweet
Hope everythhing goes well with the docs.
I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers everyday.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Good to hear from Mr. Bill, and very happy to know you plan to attend the IDI Rally :thumbsup: . Hope for you healt to improve quickly.

Warwagon

Reaction score
Bill,
Sad to hear of your troubles. Keep the faith man, our prayers are with you! Make sure you keep the nutrients in your body to fight off the bad stuff, Vitamins too! Vitamin E did wonders when my daughter had E-coli H-157-07 when she was celebrating her 2nd birthday, 8 years ago! She beat it, so did you, and now you can do in those tumors too. ;Sweet
Mark

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mr. Bill Update:

Bill reports the following news, much of which is bad. They have performed a liver biopsy on him, and have found numrous malignant tumors on his liver. They have performed a cat scan, and other tests, and have determined that for now, the liver seems to be the only place where the cancer is. The liver is not operable, and therefore he will be treated with drugs and other external proceedures. They have given him only a 30% chance of entering remission. He faces a 4 month long treatment program, and more drugs than you can shake a stick at. Undaunted though, Old Mr. Bill is commited to attending the 2006 rally, and looks forward to seeing everyone there. Folks, most all our trucks have some cancer too. Mr. Bill IS going to pull through this. Did you know in 1978 he was crushed between two tractor trailers (and that's him, not in a truck!). This is one tough dude! Be that as it may though, I think it appropriate for all men of God on this forum to include Bill in your prayers, and if your church takes up prayer requests, I'd encourage everyone to get him on as many prayer chains as possible. He believes he will get well, because he trusts in the Lord. Let's all believe in him and help him get well. He's not likely to post, but does still read the boards, he finds it akward to discuss this personal issue, and has asked me to keep you all informed.

WILLD

Reaction score
Good luck and god bless. Today's treatments are much better than in the past. The best way to fight the dragon is knowledge. If he is only in one spot he's a lot easier to kill off. Read whatever you can and take the best of all the possibilities and combine them. The worst thing you can do is to blindly trust the docs and not listen to the voice in your head if it starts telling you that something isn't right.

Knowledge is power, whether it be dealing with doctors or crooked mechanics.

Good luck.

WILLD