Starter for 94 turbo diesel 7.3

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
I used to have a 1975 KW. It came out of the factory with a Cummins VT 903 a rather poor V-8. When it came to me it had an NTC-230 small cam turned up to 400. That didn’t last too long and I put a big cam 350 in it. It also got power steering added and the wheel base shortened. VIN was pretty useless for getting parts lol. I had another one that came out with a pre combustion 3306 Cat, had a similar but newer truck get wrecked that had an electronic Cummins M-11, wired and mounted it with factory parts. No vin for that one. Had people scratching their heads for sure!

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
The moral is they built this engine platform for 11 years. Many things do or can be made to interchange. Like was stated gotta get parts for what we have. Rob your truck is likely all stock and before long you will know more than most of the parts monkies.

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
One last thing.....I think 87’s with a 6.9 is a unicorn! Best year of the 6.9 which has less problems than the 7.3, upgraded 7.3 style glow plugs and the ZF 5speed. All things you do yourself but is is one package in 87.

Alwaysreadyrob

2002 7.3 POWERSTROKE 4x4
Reaction score
Funny thing, my dad has a 94 7.3 IDI CENTURION , it’s a F 350 four door but our engines are the same right down to the K vin ! Oh, I hadn’t seen him for 50 yrs before we recently reunited so digest that.

Alwaysreadyrob

2002 7.3 POWERSTROKE 4x4
Reaction score
Hard to find interior parts too like dash board parts that are brittle and cracked. Mines grey inside.

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
92 up guys need to hang out with the OBS Powerstroke guys to find parts, there are just more of them.
One of the 7.3 vendors maybe CP Performance had about 10 NOS dash pads recently.
Coverlay makes slip on dash pad covers.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For whatever reason I’m convinced the grey plastics must be made inferior to the other materials, I’ve yet to see an uncracked grey dash. They seem very brittle where the other colors seem to hold up better

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon

Thanks Wes for that link. Got some kind'a useful tidbits of info in there that I find interesting. & I saved the link.

For whatever reason I’m convinced the grey plastics must be made inferior to the other materials, I’ve yet to see an uncracked grey dash. They seem very brittle where the other colors seem to hold up better

Yes, I'm with you on the gray color thought. Finally finished stripping out a '94 cab last yr, gray dash & nearly everything was cracked or busted. I got some tan & blue & red stuff round here seems to hold up better.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker