SOB...

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this Ray. The FSS is a big ticket item, and generally as a rule if it works it is not replaced during a rebuild. They ARE tested down to around 6 volts, and it is considered good if it will run that low. If you continue to have issues with it, let me know and I will swap top covers with you from one of my parts pumps. Make sure your running a good lubricity additive to rule out mechanism fouling.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
I had a FSS that clicked and still did nothing.

pull the cover, and put power to it.... unless you visually see it moving it isn't known to work.
A junkyard IP is the cheapest way to get a FSS. If I ever have to mess with it again, I'm gonna rig up a manual setup.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a FSS that clicked and still did nothing.

pull the cover, and put power to it.... unless you visually see it moving it isn't known to work.
A junkyard IP is the cheapest way to get a FSS. If I ever have to mess with it again, I'm gonna rig up a manual setup.
Fat chance finding any IDI stuff in any of my junkyards.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this Ray. The FSS is a big ticket item, and generally as a rule if it works it is not replaced during a rebuild. They ARE tested down to around 6 volts, and it is considered good if it will run that low. If you continue to have issues with it, let me know and I will swap top covers with you from one of my parts pumps. Make sure your running a good lubricity additive to rule out mechanism fouling.

Thanks Mel :love:...and I know you tested my unit >:sly
The one bad IP from Pensacola Diesel FSS failed a few times in the short time I had it on my truck -cuss
So, how big of a big-ticket item? ;Really

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I think they cost around $80.00 but its been a few years so please don't hold me to this price... I'll bet any stanadyne pump will have the same item. Try finding a mechanical 6.2 or 6.5 chevy diesel idi in those wrecking yards.

1dieselman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To bring up a post that was resting quietly, I am having the opposite problem. My engine starts like it should but the FSV is not shutting the engine off. Yes the power to the FSV is shutting off but I have to pinch the rubber hose going to the lift pump closed to get the engine shut down. Any thoughts before I pull the injection pump cover off?

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
could try running a strong shot of diesel clean to try flush some gunk out. otherwise it looks like you might have to pull it and at least try to clean it up if not replace it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance