So what did you do with your truck today?

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, "disdain" is a bit harsh. Definitely got a preference, but not disdain. The hood latch is in the wrong spot of the bricknose, which is annoying. And anything looks better than a Dodge. But here's a picture of my 87 tow truck hood and my 86 parts bronco hood......both original paint.

Thats some great Patina.

Goat

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I came across this on Bronco Grave Yard,
new Bull Nose Dash Pads. Didn`t know these
exsisted. It`s only money, probably blow it on
Beer and Women anyway.

Or the glue on plastic cover, those have been around a long time.

Goat

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it finally came, fyi they are back ordered and took about 3 weeks to get to my door
Are these supposed to come with a transducer? Mine did not

Attachments

• IMG_0144.jpeg
    IMG_0144.jpeg
    284.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I came across this on Bronco Grave Yard,
new Bull Nose Dash Pads. Didn`t know these
exsisted. It`s only money, probably blow it on
Beer and Women anyway.

Or the glue on plastic cover, those have been around a long time.

Goat
Goodness 300$ I’ll keep repairing mine

Attachments

• IMG_0113.jpeg
    IMG_0113.jpeg
    397 KB · Views: 6

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
it finally came, fyi they are back ordered and took about 3 weeks to get to my door
Are these supposed to come with a transducer? Mine did not
Mine came with the transducer and mag pickup, ordered the light separately for $80.
I'd check the listing description.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Back story: back in late 98 or the first half of 99, I put an engine in my Blue Truck (for whoever owned it at the time) while I was working on these for a living. The owner later went to our sister shop and had a set of headers and dual exhaust installed. That's how it was when I bought it in January 2013 and it's how I've been running it ever since. Let's just say that the quality of work, at least on headers and exhausts, done by that shop was very poor quality to say the least. Every time that I saw myself.
For about 2 1/2 months, I've been fighting with insomnia. Last night was particularly bad. I finally went out to go check my mail at about 4:00 PM and I noticed that there is now nice, big puddle of diesel under the back of my truck. I knew that the extremely poorly made and installed exhaust was close to the Bronco tank, but, looking underneath it, I have found that it rubbed a hole in the Bronco tank. -cuss :shoot::idiot: Along with having to get everything ready to go including my camper, having a useless rear tank once again has made me decide to cancel my vacation to Colorado in two weeks.-cussI'm NOT going to try to limp my truck out that far with only the stock front tank while keeping the distance between fuel stops to a minimum just in case the shower head has fallen off in that tank. Now, tomorrow, I get to go drill another hole in that leaking tank so that I can salvage as much fuel as possible. Naturally, I filled the Bronco tank last night.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Back story: back in late 98 or the first half of 99, I put an engine in my Blue Truck (for whoever owned it at the time) while I was working on these for a living. The owner later went to our sister shop and had a set of headers and dual exhaust installed. That's how it was when I bought it in January 2013 and it's how I've been running it ever since. Let's just say that the quality of work, at least on headers and exhausts, done by that shop was very poor quality to say the least. Every time that I saw myself.
For about 2 1/2 months, I've been fighting with insomnia. Last night was particularly bad. I finally went out to go check my mail at about 4:00 PM and I noticed that there is now nice, big puddle of diesel under the back of my truck. I knew that the extremely poorly made and installed exhaust was close to the Bronco tank, but, looking underneath it, I have found that it rubbed a hole in the Bronco tank. -cuss :shoot::idiot: Along with having to get everything ready to go including my camper, having a useless rear tank once again has made me decide to cancel my vacation to Colorado in two weeks.-cussI'm NOT going to try to limp my truck out that far with only the stock front tank while keeping the distance between fuel stops to a minimum just in case the shower head has fallen off in that tank. Now, tomorrow, I get to go drill another hole in that leaking tank so that I can salvage as much fuel as possible. Naturally, I filled the Bronco tank last night.
Just a little update. Even though I don't like them, I have ordered a couple of turn downs to put on the exhaust when they come in next week. Before I go anywhere tomorrow, I'm going to stop by work and cut the tailpipes off of the truck. I have also ordered a couple of F8D Bronco tanks, one for the Blue Truck and one for the Ex Wife, which still needs a new rear tank. Those are supposed to be in on July 31 so I'll get to do the install all over again on the Blue Truck. This time without the crappy tailpipes to rub a hole in it.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sucks brother. I hope you can find a good backup plan for the time off.

I got to pull over at 75mph Thursday coming home from work because the front side of my 38 gal tank straps(skid plate) dropped at speed. Thankfully it didn't jam up and fold in half!
I carry ratchet straps for this kind of issue, strapped it up and went home.

The moral of the story is actually that this one is my fault. I must have forgotten the blue threadlocker when I installed this latest 38 gallon tank(It's my second), and that same nut walked off like 8 months ago. I meant to fix it right and forgot. So 8 months later I got to REMEMBER. LOL
Thankfully I kept the install kit from this latest tank, got everything swapped out with clean hardware and blue threadlocker. She's good until the tank rusts out now!
You must be registered for see images attach

And I've ALWAYS just wrestled these darn tanks around. Finally I got smart.

Stu Bailey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh it will be. I'll be goin gout to Taylor Park which is west of Buena Vista, over the Divide. I'll be going through Colorado Springs on the way out and back. Naturally, I'll be bringing three wheelers too. From my experience, the I25 corridor is A LOT like Portland, Seattle, San Francisco, etc. If you 1 1/2 hours or so west, into the mountains, it's more like what I call normal. I haven't been out west of Denver along I70, so I can't say what it's like there, but the smaller mountain towns aren't that way. There sure is a lot to do and see, but I prefer to stay away from the popular tourist destinations. Those are usually pretty crowded and costly.
Yeah that looks like it's kind of tucked away, doesn't even pop up on the map until you zoom in quite a bit. I like those little spots too, State Parks and such are nice every now and then but I prefer to boondock it and have my own little slice of nature as well. Almost end of July, so have fun on the trip out there and get some adventure in!

Stu Bailey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not today but June 4th thru 15th. Did a 2,700 mile trip from central Ca thru Bakersfield, 2 days in Hurricane, UT, 2 days in Moab, 3 days in Ft. Collins, CO, then 3 days home across I-80. Elevations ranging from 80 ft to over 11,000 ft above sea level. Had planned to take my overland rig (1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee) but the engine gave out 2. months before we left. Had to play catchup with old blue to get here up to date on some maintenance items as my son had been using her for a backup and I got a bit behind. I also rigged a tarp setup for the bed to keep things dry.

She did absolutely fantastic (no surprise). For a NA IDI (33 yrs, 272,000 mi) she even did well at altitude (pulled the grade to the Eisenhower-Johnson tunnel at 45-50 without much smoke). As long as I kept it above 2,000 rpm she did wonderful. Not a lot of weight, but enough to smooth it out a bit. A bit rougher ride than the Grand Cherokee, a little bit different to load and unload, but still did amazing. I've always said I could basically just hop in and drive cross country with very little problem and she proved me right.
I am a firm believer that the N/A trucks with your basic maintenance will never let you down. Drove my across country twice without any problems. First time I did it I bought it sight unseen off craigslist and took it from Alaska to Jersey without any worries!

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now to start the next phase of maintenance and improvements
On checking your alt for AC ripple...turns out I was wr...wr...uh...not correct on the way to do it and what to look for...see the latest few posts on Greenie's 800 miles after rebuild E4OD and see the real way to test and diagnose ECM fuzzing interference.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Yeah that looks like it's kind of tucked away, doesn't even pop up on the map until you zoom in quite a bit. I like those little spots too, State Parks and such are nice every now and then but I prefer to boondock it and have my own little slice of nature as well. Almost end of July, so have fun on the trip out there and get some adventure in!
I agree. It's not named on any map that I've seen, but it is a popular destination. There's 1000's of miles of ATV riding there if you follow every trail.

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone trying to make a homemade trailer before it’s scrapped? Comes with PA title. It’s a buddies haven’t verified the title with my own eyes yet.

Used to be a camper, camper is broken down ontop of it and tarped.

SUV for scale.

Btw, Free, you just haul it away as is.

Attachments

• E9EDEAEA-CF92-46DE-B7A9-5A78139811D9.jpeg
    E9EDEAEA-CF92-46DE-B7A9-5A78139811D9.jpeg
    659.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 492F3C91-7A6E-432E-B06F-926E2A160319.jpeg
    492F3C91-7A6E-432E-B06F-926E2A160319.jpeg
    517.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 219E3A5D-C472-4F0E-8D89-AE637CE31B05.jpeg
    219E3A5D-C472-4F0E-8D89-AE637CE31B05.jpeg
    580.5 KB · Views: 15